Emotional intelligence is the ability to recognize and manage both your emotions and the emotions of others. Being emotionally intelligent is important for forming good relationships, be that in the workplace or your social life. It’s often the difference between acting in an acceptable manner and doing or saying something unreasonable.
So how can you tell if you’re emotionally intelligent? There are certain signs for which to look out.
1. You accept criticism without anger, blame or denial
Being self-aware is a sign of emotional intelligence, and this manifests itself in the ability to see your faults and accept when you’ve made a mistake. People with a high EQ (emotional intelligence) make a note of the criticism, analyse what they’ve been told and learn from it.
2. You embrace change
Emotionally intelligent people don’t fear change – they’re flexible and always happy to adapt to new circumstances.
3. You empathize
The ability to put yourself in someone else’s shoes is a key sign of emotional intelligence. The same goes for being able to tell when a colleague or friend is stressed or upset is a skill.
4. You think about your own reactions
Emotionally intelligent people don’t just think about how they’re making others feel but also about how their reactions will affect others. It’s important to think things through and weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before reacting strongly.
5. You don’t get offended easily
Most emotionally intelligent people aren’t overly sensitive. This is because if you feel secure in yourself and know who you are, it’s hard to be offended by what people say.
6. You don’t dwell on negative thoughts, you let mistakes go
Whether it’s a mistake you or your colleague has made, emotionally intelligent people don’t ruminate on it, they focus on the positive and move on.
7. You don’t hold grudges
Similarly, the ability to move on, forgive and forget is a sign of emotional intelligence. Letting go of a grudge makes you feel better, which is something emotionally intelligent people know.
8. You’re curious about people
Do you find yourself always asking more questions about people than most of ask you because you’re genuinely interested? If so, you may be more emotionally intelligent than most. Curiosity is highly linked to empathy.
Perhaps most important, however, emotionally intelligent people know they’re in control of their own happiness, and nothing that anyone else can say will affect that.
So what are your thoughts? Leave a reply in the comments box below 🙂
Article reference: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/emotional-intelligence-eq-how-to-tell-if-you-a7931816.html%3famp
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 11)
291. Growth and change can be painful, but nothing is as painful as being stuck somewhere you don't belong
292. Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.
293. People won't change until they want to. You only can spark a thought in their mind and it's up to them to ponder on it or discard it.
294. Dreams are there to inspire and motivate you, but at the end of each day don't forget to have a reality check: did you do anything that took you closer to your dreams? Always remember that dreams don't work unless you do
295. Life is like a game of chess. To win you have to make a move. Knowing which move to make comes with in-sight and knowledge, and by learning the lessons that are acculated along the way. We become each and every piece within the game called life.
296. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
297. Never let a bad situation bring out the worst in you. Be strong and choose to be positive.
298. Being hurt is a byproduct of being human. The smartest are those who take the lessons with them so they don't make the same mistake twice and the strongest are the ones who learn and keep living with an open heart. The best people do both.
299. Change the way you frame your thoughts. Instead of being upset that you aren't where you want to be, be excited for what you will be.
300. Hustle more and complain less
301. The one who falls and gets up is so much stronger than the one who never fell.
302. I'm not arrogant, I'm just humble enough to know that I'm a different thing and not everyone deserves to know me.
303. Success is sweet and sweeter if long delayed and gotten through many struggles and defeats
304. Circle gets smaller and smaller until youre left with nobody but yourself. Keep that the tightest circle you will ever know.
305. I like a state of continual becoming, with a goal in front and not behind
306. Gotta move different if you want different things
307. Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us
308. Your mind has the power to change all of the outer aspects of your life. You create your life from the inside out.
309. With the new day comes new strength
310. Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think
311. Never bother to be better than anyone else except your previous self.
312. Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted
313. Do your best to get as far away from negativity in your life. It'll only bring you down.
314. Always appreciate where you are in your journey. You may not be where you want to be, but anything worth having takes time.
315. Mindset is everything. Once you believe you can achieve something, you most likely will.
316. How many times will you tell yourself that you deserve better until you actually do something about it? Take action now and give yourself the life you deserve. People won't help you, only you can help you.
317. Your purpose should drive you. Your purpose should keep you going when set backs come your way. Your purpose should give you the mental toughness to move forward until you get where you want to be in life.
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 10)
262. It hurts now but one day it will be your warm up.
263. The most beautiful things in the world are felt with the heart.
264. Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.
265. You can work for the boss. Or work to be the boss. Your choice.
266. Man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated.
267. Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm
268. It takes courage to walk alone but solitude can help us grow.
269. That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
270. An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory
271. Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it
272. Tackle today's challenges for your tomorrow's freedom.
273. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
274. Success is all about solid and sincere strategy
275. Work harder than you think you did yesterday.
276. Sometimes the answer to prayer is not that it changes life, but that it changes you
277. Either get busy living or get busy dying.
278. Today, do what others won't, so tomorrow you can accomplish what others can't.
279. We did not come to fear the future. We came here to shape it.
280. The planet is fine. The people are fucked.
281. Be a life-long learner, and strive to develop yourself in all areas throughout the course of your life
282. What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness
283. Pain makes me stronger and wiser, pain is my motivator. Pain makes me better. I am thankful for my pain.
284. Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals human spirit
285. Luck is great, but most of life is hard work.
286. Your beliefs affect your choices. Your choices shape your actions. Your actions determine your results. The future you create depends upon the choices you make and the actions you take today
287. Be thankful for what you have. Work hard for what you don't have.
288. You can't let one bad moment spoil a bunch of good ones
289. We have to do the best we are capable of. This is our sacred human responsibility.
290. It's better to be an authentic loser than a false success, and to die alive than to live dead
22 Inspirational Life Quotes With Beautiful Flower Pictures
Here are a collection of inspirational quotes which I put together with beautiful flower pictures, hope you enjoy them.
1. The human heart has a way of making itself large again even after it's been broken into a million pieces. Don't lose faith in your heart. It will be complete again.
2. Love yourself enough to have a meaningful life.
3. You can overcome anything because you're strong.
4. Every step taken in mindfulness brings us one step closer to healing ourselves and the planet.
5. The principle is competing against yourself. It's about self improvement, about being better than you were the day before.
6. To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
7. Always remember that no matter what others opinions are of you, your destiny will always be in your hands. You decide what you are capable of, no-one else. There are no limitations except those you create in your own mind.
8. Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peach of mind.
9. Strength doesn't come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't.
10. Letting ourselves be forgiven is one of the most difficult healings we will undertake. And one of the most fruitful.
11. It was either the chaos of a crowd of thoughts or the silence of solitude... nothing in between
12. Make the rest of your life the best of your life.
13. Everyone has doubts. Everyone freaks out about where they are in life. But maybe that's a good thing. It means one is open to change and growth.
14. There is always room at the top.
15. The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind
16. An attitude of "whatever is convenient" won't accomplish very much. An attitude of "whatever it takes" is impossible to stop.
17. You don't need to be great like anybody else. You just need to be great like you.
18. There will never be another now. I will make the most of today. There will never be another me. I will make the most of myself.
19. Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us.
20. You are not just for the right or left, but for what is right over the wrong.
21. Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.
22. A winner is someone who recognizes God's given talents, develops that talent into skill, and uses that skill to reach their ultimate goal.
Uncategorized4 months ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 2)
Uncategorized5 months ago
Here’s The Reality Of Self-Love, And Why It’s So Important
Uncategorized4 months ago
150 Top Self Love Quotes To Always Remember (Part 1)
Uncategorized1 month ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 7)
Uncategorized4 months ago
1000 Best Life Quotes (Part 3)
Uncategorized5 months ago
200 Inspirational & Valuable Life Quotes That Will Make You Think Deeply
Uncategorized2 months ago
150 Top Self Love Quotes To Always Remember (Part 5)
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 11)