The greatest asset you can have in life is self-belief. People who handle life well, achieve great things and have stronger belief than the average person. Here are 7 simple steps that will remind you what it takes to have self belief.
1. Do you believe in you?
Self-belief is feeling good enough. It’s the feeling that you can handle what life throws at you. It’s a healthy appreciation of your talents, characteristics and abilities. It’s seeing yourself as special and entirely unique, like no other person on the planet.
Think of it this way: life is a confidence trick. With enough confidence, you can get away with anything. Real confidence is the unshakeable conviction that the world is unfolding to your advantage and that you can handle anything life throws at you, that you’ll always find a way through, because there’s always a way – and you’ll find it. It’s a blend of optimism, charm and energy.
However tough and resilient you think you are right now, there’s always another level to take yourself to. Indestructible self-belief means that whatever happens you have the internal resources to recover fast and fully. You’re tough. The bigger the challenge, the setback or letdown, the more you pull out of yourself. A crisis never leaves you where it finds you because you’re sharper and taller afterwards. You’re awesome, indestructible.
2. What’s your opinion of you?
What do you want to believe about yourself? The truth is you can believe anything you want. Whatever you choose to believe will be true for you in your life, because that’s the view that you’ll feed to. You’ll accumulate evidence to prove your position, because that’s simply what we humans do. We have a need to be right, so whatever we believe, whatever perspective is, we’ll locate the evidence to prove our position. So, it’s best to be clear what you want to be right about, because that will shape your experience of life and your opinion – on you.
3. Take responsibility
So far you’ve been exploring your relationship with you and grasping the critical importance of self-belief. You now know that the most powerful and influential person in your life is you. You are the thinker of your thoughts. You have ultimate responsibility, the final say in defining who you are and how your life is. In particular, you have sole responsibility for choosing your response to any and every situation in your life, past, present and future.
How many times have people told you to look on the bright side? They have a point. Instead of endlessly dwelling on negative images from the past, and reliving moments when things went wrong, change your focus and recall the good times instead. Experience the sense of pleasure which comes from a memory of a wonderful time and your spirits will lift. Regularly counting our blessings, rather than our burdens, has been proven to improve our mood, performance and relationships.
4. Think big
Go beyond what you think you can do. Believe that anything is attainable. Expect the best. Be optimistic. The bigger the challenge, the more you rise to the occasion. In other words, play a bigger game. Who knows what lurks beneath your surface? Do you? Unless you think big enough, you might not.
5. Recover faster
Holding on to your self-belief is easy when things are going well. It’s when the going gets tough that you have to watch out. Handling yourself well in turmoil is vital if you are to live an interesting life. Life will definitely take it out of you. Every one of us will have our fair share of testing, defeats, disappointments, criticism, and even condemnation. No one gets a totally easy life. The question is – how do you handle it?
You need to know how to put yourself back together again. You need to be able to dig deeper into yourself to emerge stronger, clearer and better than ever. Understand: a crisis will never leave you where it finds you. You’ll be weakened or strengthened by it. It’s entirely down to you. It’s not what happens that poses the greatest threat – it’s your interpretation of it. Remember, your greatest ally or most powerful enemy is one and the same person – you.
There’s no one better positioned than you to do maximum damage to yourself. When life is at its toughest, you can turn the gun on yourself – often called shooting yourself in the foot. Or you can rise up to your full powers, get into the right frame of mind and resolve not to be beaten, least of all by yourself. Whether you acknowledge it or not, a crisis always hands you this choice.
6. You’re fabulous
Building and maintaining powerful self belief is a choice. It isn’t something you must be born with. It doesn’t matter how low your levels have been – you can upgrade any time you like. Remember: what you think, you create. First comes your thought about yourself, then follows the outer world of physical manifestation. Perspective – thought – reality. If you don’t think something is possible you won’t take even the first step towards creating it. If your self-belief is shaky, then you’ll falter at the first setback, confirming your strongest beliefs about yourself.
7. Building a successful identity
Handling criticism is something that will test your foundation of self belief and can shake you to your very core. Having a clear and strong foundation of clearly defined self-belief underpinning you will help enormously, but you can still be rocked and unseated by other’s attempts to undermine you. When this happens, take time out to examine the claims and if there is genuine fault on your part, face up to this and make amends. If you’ve made a mess, be big enough and self-assured enough to admit it and clean it up. If you feel you don’t have a case to answer and are being unfairly attacked, defend yourself. Reaffirm who you are and shore up your self-belief so that you can emerge stronger than before. Think of what happens when a healthy immune system has to respond to an outside threat such as germs. This is exactly how you must be. And the more successful, powerful, ambitious or visible you are, the more prone to criticism you will become. Be ready and be prepared to handle what may come your way.
…So what did you think of these 7 steps?
I took all this information out from Fiona Harrold’s book ‘Indestructible Self-Belief: 7 Simple Steps: to getting it and keeping it!’ There’s actually more to this book that will makes you feel like you’re being personally coached, with ‘The work’ section at the end of each chapter as well as many examples and case studies.
Check it out:
I recommend this book to everyone! Do you want the chance to read and get more out of this book? Get it today. Just click on the cover below;
Enjoy! 🙂 And don’t forget to leave a comment with your thoughts!
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 11)
291. Growth and change can be painful, but nothing is as painful as being stuck somewhere you don't belong
292. Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.
293. People won't change until they want to. You only can spark a thought in their mind and it's up to them to ponder on it or discard it.
294. Dreams are there to inspire and motivate you, but at the end of each day don't forget to have a reality check: did you do anything that took you closer to your dreams? Always remember that dreams don't work unless you do
295. Life is like a game of chess. To win you have to make a move. Knowing which move to make comes with in-sight and knowledge, and by learning the lessons that are acculated along the way. We become each and every piece within the game called life.
296. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
297. Never let a bad situation bring out the worst in you. Be strong and choose to be positive.
298. Being hurt is a byproduct of being human. The smartest are those who take the lessons with them so they don't make the same mistake twice and the strongest are the ones who learn and keep living with an open heart. The best people do both.
299. Change the way you frame your thoughts. Instead of being upset that you aren't where you want to be, be excited for what you will be.
300. Hustle more and complain less
301. The one who falls and gets up is so much stronger than the one who never fell.
302. I'm not arrogant, I'm just humble enough to know that I'm a different thing and not everyone deserves to know me.
303. Success is sweet and sweeter if long delayed and gotten through many struggles and defeats
304. Circle gets smaller and smaller until youre left with nobody but yourself. Keep that the tightest circle you will ever know.
305. I like a state of continual becoming, with a goal in front and not behind
306. Gotta move different if you want different things
307. Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us
308. Your mind has the power to change all of the outer aspects of your life. You create your life from the inside out.
309. With the new day comes new strength
310. Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think
311. Never bother to be better than anyone else except your previous self.
312. Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted
313. Do your best to get as far away from negativity in your life. It'll only bring you down.
314. Always appreciate where you are in your journey. You may not be where you want to be, but anything worth having takes time.
315. Mindset is everything. Once you believe you can achieve something, you most likely will.
316. How many times will you tell yourself that you deserve better until you actually do something about it? Take action now and give yourself the life you deserve. People won't help you, only you can help you.
317. Your purpose should drive you. Your purpose should keep you going when set backs come your way. Your purpose should give you the mental toughness to move forward until you get where you want to be in life.
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 10)
262. It hurts now but one day it will be your warm up.
263. The most beautiful things in the world are felt with the heart.
264. Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.
265. You can work for the boss. Or work to be the boss. Your choice.
266. Man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated.
267. Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm
268. It takes courage to walk alone but solitude can help us grow.
269. That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
270. An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory
271. Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it
272. Tackle today's challenges for your tomorrow's freedom.
273. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
274. Success is all about solid and sincere strategy
275. Work harder than you think you did yesterday.
276. Sometimes the answer to prayer is not that it changes life, but that it changes you
277. Either get busy living or get busy dying.
278. Today, do what others won't, so tomorrow you can accomplish what others can't.
279. We did not come to fear the future. We came here to shape it.
280. The planet is fine. The people are fucked.
281. Be a life-long learner, and strive to develop yourself in all areas throughout the course of your life
282. What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness
283. Pain makes me stronger and wiser, pain is my motivator. Pain makes me better. I am thankful for my pain.
284. Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals human spirit
285. Luck is great, but most of life is hard work.
286. Your beliefs affect your choices. Your choices shape your actions. Your actions determine your results. The future you create depends upon the choices you make and the actions you take today
287. Be thankful for what you have. Work hard for what you don't have.
288. You can't let one bad moment spoil a bunch of good ones
289. We have to do the best we are capable of. This is our sacred human responsibility.
290. It's better to be an authentic loser than a false success, and to die alive than to live dead
22 Inspirational Life Quotes With Beautiful Flower Pictures
Here are a collection of inspirational quotes which I put together with beautiful flower pictures, hope you enjoy them.
1. The human heart has a way of making itself large again even after it's been broken into a million pieces. Don't lose faith in your heart. It will be complete again.
2. Love yourself enough to have a meaningful life.
3. You can overcome anything because you're strong.
4. Every step taken in mindfulness brings us one step closer to healing ourselves and the planet.
5. The principle is competing against yourself. It's about self improvement, about being better than you were the day before.
6. To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
7. Always remember that no matter what others opinions are of you, your destiny will always be in your hands. You decide what you are capable of, no-one else. There are no limitations except those you create in your own mind.
8. Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peach of mind.
9. Strength doesn't come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't.
10. Letting ourselves be forgiven is one of the most difficult healings we will undertake. And one of the most fruitful.
11. It was either the chaos of a crowd of thoughts or the silence of solitude... nothing in between
12. Make the rest of your life the best of your life.
13. Everyone has doubts. Everyone freaks out about where they are in life. But maybe that's a good thing. It means one is open to change and growth.
14. There is always room at the top.
15. The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind
16. An attitude of "whatever is convenient" won't accomplish very much. An attitude of "whatever it takes" is impossible to stop.
17. You don't need to be great like anybody else. You just need to be great like you.
18. There will never be another now. I will make the most of today. There will never be another me. I will make the most of myself.
19. Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us.
20. You are not just for the right or left, but for what is right over the wrong.
21. Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.
22. A winner is someone who recognizes God's given talents, develops that talent into skill, and uses that skill to reach their ultimate goal.
Uncategorized4 months ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 2)
Uncategorized5 months ago
Here’s The Reality Of Self-Love, And Why It’s So Important
Uncategorized4 months ago
150 Top Self Love Quotes To Always Remember (Part 1)
Uncategorized4 months ago
1000 Best Life Quotes (Part 3)
Uncategorized1 month ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 7)
Uncategorized5 months ago
200 Inspirational & Valuable Life Quotes That Will Make You Think Deeply
Uncategorized2 months ago
150 Top Self Love Quotes To Always Remember (Part 5)
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 11)