201. When you wan to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.
202. Happiness, like other emotions, comes and goes. Imagine if our emotions are no longer temporary. A world of permanent happiness. Our lives will be completely meaningless. Happiness isn’t a goal. Happiness is a by-product of struggling, adversity, doing, trying, failing, striving.
203. Don’t hold yourself back from achieving your goals.
204. There is magic in changing directions. When you figure out what’s more realistic for you instead of chasing or expecting a false illusion, you start to move forward.
205. Where there’s a will, there’s a way
206. To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.
207. When people confuse purpose & goals, they have trouble reaching their goals. Purpose is direction, your “why”. Goals are dreams, what you want to achieve. You set & achieve many goals, purpose remains the same for life. Discover your purpose, set clear goals & you’re unstoppable.
208. Settle your problems as fast as you can. Deal with them now before they get bigger. Do whatever you can. Don’t postpone. Do it now. Then, move on.
209. Instead of complaining about your circumstances, get busy and create some new ones.
210. Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.
211. Sometimes when you lose your way, you find yourself.
212. Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.
213. The only way to succeed is to love what you do and do it well!
214. The only way to succeed is to believe that you can do it, otherwise there is no other way.
215. If something is worth doing it, it is worth doing it right. Do everything you do to the best of your ability.
216. The harder you work for something, the greater you’ll feel when you achieve it.
217. If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.
218. They will criticize you, and still try to copy you.
219. Keep things simple. Simplicity and success go together.
220. If people hurt you, don’t hurt them back. Just pray for their happiness and healing, and move on. You’ll be glad, because one day someone will walk into your life who has no intentions of hurting you, they will simply do all they can to encourage your happiness and healing.
221. Don’t dwell on your weaknesses. Focus on your strengths. Use your strengths. Build up your strengths. Because it’s your strengths that build you up
222. A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.
223. When a ship runs into trouble, all eyes turn to the captain. Others may have made mistakes but it’s the captain who must take responsibility for everything, for steering ship out of trouble. You aren’t captain of your life if you aren’t taking 100% responsibility for your life.
224. Signs of self-defeating thinking: -I’m a failure -Nobody wants the best for me -Something is wrong -So I’m not good at anything. How to fix it -Stop criticizing yourself -Stop comparing yourself with others -Focus on your strengths -Know your power -Take responsibility
225. Take the time and energy to invest in the most important asset of your life: you.
226. Thoughts generate more thoughts, on their own. When we spend time thinking about negative things, our mind generates more and more negative thoughts. When we spend time thinking about positive things, our mind generates more and more positive thoughts.
227. There is no magic in “go with the flow.” Swim upstream. Go against the current. Don’t follow the crowd. Don’t conform. Just do your own thing.
228. Not all dreams are meant to come true, that’s why it’s important to plan and build another dream.
229. Life is teaching us lessons every living moment. But you choose when you are ready to learn. As ancient traditions say, when the student is ready, the teacher will appear. Best that life can do is present lessons to you. Learning is up to you
230. You’ll always get whatever you want when you realize you are the one who has to get up and go get it.
My Website is Under Construction
Hey everyone my website is under construction. I’m working on new blog posts and better landing pages. Also I’m working on the navigation of my website as some links are broken. Please bear with me while I try to maintain a better quality of my site. In the meantime, you can still browse through the existing content. Thank You for your understanding and patience In advance!
100 Deep Quotes And Sayings About Depression That Everyone Should Know (Part 7)
69. Depression is anger turned inward.
70. What do you want to do with your life, then? is often the question I'm asked. To be honest, I don't know. I really don't.
71. The sun stopped shining for me is all.
72. Do you know that feeling? When everything you do seems like a struggle. Where you dont wanna leave the house because you know everyone is judging you. Where you cant even ask for directions in fear that they criticise you. Where everyone always seems to be picking out your flaws. That feeling where you feel so damn sick for no reason. Do you know that feeling where you look in the mirror and completely hate what you see. When you grab handfuls and handfuls of fat and just want to cut it all off. That feeling when you see other beautiful girls and just wish you looked like them.
73. What people never understand is that depression isn't about the outside; it's about the inside. Something inside me is wrong. Sure, there are things in my life that make me feel alone, but nothing makes me feel more isolated and terrified than my own voice inside my head.
74. No reason to feel depressed about being depressed. A depression can be a golden opportunity to collect the pieces and build ourselves anew.
75. Isolation and loneliness are central causes of depression and despair.
76. Sometimes, all you can do is lie in bed, and hope to fall asleep before you fall apart.
77. Pain is always emotional. Fear and depression keep constant company with chronic hurting.
78. I never knew it was possible to be so miserable in so many ways.
79. I wanted a heaven. And I grew up striving for that world -- an eternal world- that would wash away my temporary misery.
81. If you take action while you are made, you will always make the wrong decision.
500 Words You Should Know (Part 7)
Draco was an Ancient Athenian politician who introduced a code of laws according to which a startling number of crimes were punishable by death. The adjective derived from his name therefore means exceedingly strict, severe. It’s most often used to describe such things as discipline, punishment, rules and regulations, but if a person whose views on these things were harsh they could be accused of having draconian attitudes, or indeed of being draconian himself.
Cheek, insolence, as in ‘He had the effrontery to say I never give him anything after I paid for his whole family to go on holiday last year’. Not to be confused with affronted, meaning offended, which is how the person uttering that last complaint might feel.
A commonly misused word, this does not mean enormousness. It means appallingness, great wickedness, ‘He seemed not to realize the enormity of his crime’ means he didn’t acknowledge he had done something dreadful, but not necessarily that he had wiped out an entire city.
From the German for ‘replacement’ this is an adjective describing an inferior imitation of something more valuable or attractive: ‘It was one of those twee little hotels with ersatz Victorian furniture’ or ‘Ersatz lemon meringue pie, made with some awful artificial lemon substitute.’
In the plant world, this describes a green plant that has gone pale through lack of sunlight; in human terms it means pale and weak: ‘His skin had that etiolated look of a video-game player who has spent his youth on his game console’.
This means literally to take the skin off, so metaphorically to flay someone alive, to criticize very severely. A critic might, for example, write an excoriating review of a film or play he loathed, while an angry politician might make an excoriating criticism of government policy.
An Italian word, this time related to extravagance and meaning a very showy and elaborate performance, the sort of thing that might have been put on by Hollywood director Busby Berkeley. Special effects, fancy costumes, fireworks – you name it, an extravaganza has it. Expense is no object and taste is rarely a consideration.
An extract from the Atlantic Monthly dated 1900 gives a particularly damning use of this word: “The English drawing master did not teach art, but facile tricks of the brush.’ Facile comes from the Latin for easy and did once mean just that. In modern usage, however, it has the added sense of being just a bit too easy and thus having little value: a facile victory is more or less a walkover; a facile remark is a glib one, easy to make but not requiring much thought.
In logic a fallacy is an error of reasoning that produces a misleading conclusion; fallacious therefore means illogical, misleading, as in a fallacious argument or a fallacious news report. It’s also worth being aware of what philosophers call the fallacy of many questions, of which ‘When did you stop beating your wife?’ is the most frequently given example. It means that the question presupposes something that may be false, but you can’t answer it without acknowledging the accusation. Lose-lose.
This means picky, critical, hard to please and the Latin roots conjure up its connotations beautifully: they are the words for pride and weariness (the second part of fastidious is related to tedious and tedium). So the fastidious person looks down on something as being beneath her and manages to be bored with it at the same time. You might pick fastidiously at your food if it didn’t appeal to you or lift your trouser legs fastidiously so as not to get them wet on a rainy day.
Uncategorized8 months ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 2)
Uncategorized9 months ago
Here’s The Reality Of Self-Love, And Why It’s So Important
Uncategorized5 months ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 11)
Uncategorized8 months ago
150 Top Self Love Quotes To Always Remember (Part 1)
Uncategorized6 months ago
150 Top Self Love Quotes To Always Remember (Part 5)
Uncategorized8 months ago
1000 Best Life Quotes (Part 3)
Uncategorized9 months ago
200 Inspirational & Valuable Life Quotes That Will Make You Think Deeply
Uncategorized5 months ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 7)