5. Co-dependence (Two halves do not make a whole)
Co-dependence is another form of dependence, which is probably the condition of most middle-class people on the planet. In this form of dependence you are caught in a treadmill. Your earnings are used to pay off your many possessions. As your earnings increase, so does either the quality, or the quantity of your possessions.
The more money you earn the fancier and more expensive these possessions will become. The point is you are in co-dependence. That means you need to keep the wheels rolling. You cannot stop, or retire. Your wealth, or current status depends on your earnings. Money controls you here. At the same time you and your wealth are co-dependent on each other. Neither of you can exist alone.
Your wealth cannot flourish on its own. It has no existence apart from keeping the wheels rolling. In co-dependence, if you were to stop working you would be unable to keep your house, your car and your lifestyle. Many people considered exceedingly wealthy are actually in co-dependence. From time to time you hear of someone considered to be very wealthy actually being in huge debt, though they continue spending, and carry on living an extravagant lifestyle, until sometimes the wheels finally come off.
What does it mean when we say ‘your wealth cannot flourish without you’? Well, it means that your wealth cannot stand alone. It cannot stand alone and you cannot stand alone, which is the definition of co-dependence. It’s like that much-used saying with regard to relationships about two halves making a whole. However, ideally, we are looking for a relationship where each whole becomes greater through the relationship than it would have on its own.
Having wealth that stands alone and is independent is like owning a house (fully paid up) and receiving rental from it. You maintain the wealth in the form of a house and ensure all is well. The house creates income for you. Both you and the wealth are better off with each other in the relationship. This can be contrasted with having a huge bond on a house that you cannot really afford and have to work 12 hours a day to repay. Moreover, if you were to stop the repayments, the bank would repossess the house. Wealth, as the house, has no existence without you in this case. And without it, you do not have the wealth either.
In terms of a level of wealth consciousness the co-dependent relationship is also one where you use others and their money or connections or influence for the creation of wealth. Co-dependence can become a form of addiction. We may become addicted to anything from praise to needing to know we are the best. Whatever it is, in co-dependence we are not free, and we are certainly not wealthy.
Give a little thought to CO-DEPENDENCE:
-In what way does my wealth reflect co-dependence?
-Who am I in a co-dependent relationship with?
-What am I receiving from my co-dependent relationships?
-How can I let go of or transform this need?
-What do I need to do to release myself from co-dependence?
Take any decisions you need to take as a result of this knowledge. Formulate a plan of action and do it. Make any changes you need to make in your life. Keep it simple and fun. This is a wealth journey.
500 Words You Should Know (Part 7)
Draco was an Ancient Athenian politician who introduced a code of laws according to which a startling number of crimes were punishable by death. The adjective derived from his name therefore means exceedingly strict, severe. It’s most often used to describe such things as discipline, punishment, rules and regulations, but if a person whose views on these things were harsh they could be accused of having draconian attitudes, or indeed of being draconian himself.
Cheek, insolence, as in ‘He had the effrontery to say I never give him anything after I paid for his whole family to go on holiday last year’. Not to be confused with affronted, meaning offended, which is how the person uttering that last complaint might feel.
A commonly misused word, this does not mean enormousness. It means appallingness, great wickedness, ‘He seemed not to realize the enormity of his crime’ means he didn’t acknowledge he had done something dreadful, but not necessarily that he had wiped out an entire city.
From the German for ‘replacement’ this is an adjective describing an inferior imitation of something more valuable or attractive: ‘It was one of those twee little hotels with ersatz Victorian furniture’ or ‘Ersatz lemon meringue pie, made with some awful artificial lemon substitute.’
In the plant world, this describes a green plant that has gone pale through lack of sunlight; in human terms it means pale and weak: ‘His skin had that etiolated look of a video-game player who has spent his youth on his game console’.
This means literally to take the skin off, so metaphorically to flay someone alive, to criticize very severely. A critic might, for example, write an excoriating review of a film or play he loathed, while an angry politician might make an excoriating criticism of government policy.
An Italian word, this time related to extravagance and meaning a very showy and elaborate performance, the sort of thing that might have been put on by Hollywood director Busby Berkeley. Special effects, fancy costumes, fireworks – you name it, an extravaganza has it. Expense is no object and taste is rarely a consideration.
An extract from the Atlantic Monthly dated 1900 gives a particularly damning use of this word: “The English drawing master did not teach art, but facile tricks of the brush.’ Facile comes from the Latin for easy and did once mean just that. In modern usage, however, it has the added sense of being just a bit too easy and thus having little value: a facile victory is more or less a walkover; a facile remark is a glib one, easy to make but not requiring much thought.
In logic a fallacy is an error of reasoning that produces a misleading conclusion; fallacious therefore means illogical, misleading, as in a fallacious argument or a fallacious news report. It’s also worth being aware of what philosophers call the fallacy of many questions, of which ‘When did you stop beating your wife?’ is the most frequently given example. It means that the question presupposes something that may be false, but you can’t answer it without acknowledging the accusation. Lose-lose.
This means picky, critical, hard to please and the Latin roots conjure up its connotations beautifully: they are the words for pride and weariness (the second part of fastidious is related to tedious and tedium). So the fastidious person looks down on something as being beneath her and manages to be bored with it at the same time. You might pick fastidiously at your food if it didn’t appeal to you or lift your trouser legs fastidiously so as not to get them wet on a rainy day.
Ariana Grande Quotes
Here are some awesome Ariana Grande quotes which I have edited and put together for you. I aim to add more quotes to this page as time goes on so do make sure you keep checking back. Hope you Enjoy the ones I have added so far! 🙂
1. You should never stop believing in something, and you shouldn't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise.
2. There's too many people telling you that you're not good enough, but you are good enough.
3. There's always tomorrow and it always gets better.
4. The thrill of not knowing what's going to happen, trained me to be prepared for anything.
5. When you feel your best, everybody else can feel it too.
6. I think it's so important for girls to love themselves and to treat their bodies respectfully.
7. I don't feel much pressure to fit in. I never have. I've always just wanted to do my thing. And if I don't fit in somewhere else, I fit in at home.
8. Gotta find a way to break the spell to get the hell away from those who block my vision.
9. Don't ever doubt yourselves or waste a second of your life. It's too short, and you're too special.
10. If you're passionate about something then it will definitely work out for you.
11. sometimes, people can be extraordinarily judgmental and closed-minded to anyone different or special.
12. Don't need permission, made my decision to test my limits
13. On a scale of one to ten, I'm at 100.
14. I see it, I like it, I want it, I got it
15. The best fashion advice I'd say would be just to do what makes you comfortable and what makes you feel cute, and that's how you're gonna look your best
16. Be happy with being you. Love your flaws. Own your quirks. And know that you are just as perfect as anyone else, exactly as you are.
17. When you're handed a challenge, instead of sitting there and complaining about it, why not try to make something beautiful?
18. You can work your way to the top. Just know that there's ups and downs and there's drops. Unfollow fear and just say "you are blocked". Just know there is so much room at the top.
19. Every time you're faced with something ugly, focus on something beautiful. What you focus on expands. Only you can change your reality.
300 Pink Quotes For Girls Success Inspiration (Part 1)
Being a girl myself I can definitely say that these quotes have made a huge difference to my life, especially the way that I think about success which has inspired me greatly. I hope it does the same for you too. Hope you enjoy these quotes
1. Whatever you are, be a good one.
2. In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
3. You were put on this Earth to achieve your greatest self, to live out your purpose, and to do it courageously.
4. You deserve to have happiness that flows freely from you
5. Be a champion who gets up even when you can't
6. The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why
7. You deserve the best for putting up with the worst.
8. It's hard to stay motivated when you don't know exactly what you're doing or where you're going
9. Give up on being perfect and start working on becoming yourself.
10. Don't give up... keep it up... keep going... you can make it happen.
11. Never underestimate the power you have to take your life in a new direction.
12. Don't let yesterday take up too much of today.
13. Strive to get all the things that will create your happiness
14. If someone makes you happy, make them happier
15. Beautiful faces, good shaped bodies and bad hearts are so mainstream.
16. You gotta build yourself so strong that nobody can trash you down or make you look bad
17. No matter how unhappy you are, know that good days will come and you will be happy. Your happiness matters.
18. Never let fear decide the future.
Uncategorized7 months ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 2)
Uncategorized8 months ago
Here’s The Reality Of Self-Love, And Why It’s So Important
Uncategorized4 months ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 11)
Uncategorized7 months ago
150 Top Self Love Quotes To Always Remember (Part 1)
Uncategorized5 months ago
150 Top Self Love Quotes To Always Remember (Part 5)
Uncategorized7 months ago
1000 Best Life Quotes (Part 3)
Uncategorized8 months ago
200 Inspirational & Valuable Life Quotes That Will Make You Think Deeply
Uncategorized5 months ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 7)