here are 10 great ways you can value yourself as a person. always remember that no one gets to define or create your value; only you can do that!
1. USE YOUR TIME WISELY
One important way to value yourself is to value your time. If you don’t value it, there is no way that others will value it too. Ask yourself “what am I doing with my time?”, “am I using my time in a way which makes me more valuable as a person?”, “do I own my time or does it own me?”. Take a moment to think about how each day of your life goes. What do you do? Are you spending time doing things that will help you grow as an individual? Are you creating art? Are you helping others? Are you helping YOURSELF? Or… are you simply just wasting your days doing useless things… such as mindlessly scrolling through social media? Hurting others? Hurting yourself? Think about what you do. Time is too precious and once wasted, you will never get it back. You will only regret wasting your time doing things you shouldn’t be doing, or at least, contributing to your own well being.
2. APPRECIATE WHAT YOU HAVE
Yes as humans we will sometimes be selfish and want more because maybe, we deserve it. And that’s completely OK. But the truth is we cannot possibly be happy with having more if we do not appreciate what we already have. This means that, for example, if you are always talking about wanting more money or materialistic things, but don’t already appreciate the amount of money or materialistic things you have now, then you might never be satisfied – you will keep wanting more and more and more… until when? How do you expect to be satisfied with anything if what you already have doesn’t satisfy you enough? That’s why you must learn to appreciate everything in your life because at any time, you could lose it all. Of course it’s fine to want more, but you should work for it WHILE being appreciative of all that you already possess.
3. accept your uniqueness
Take pride in the fact that there is only one you, and that there is no one else in the world who is exactly like you. You are different. You are not the same as everyone else. Nobody can be you, even if they tried. We are all different in our own ways, and that’s something we should accept, and it’s what makes us beautiful too. Why bother wasting your time trying to be like someone else, when there are people in the world that would love you for who you are? In the end, the world would respect and appreciate you for your uniqueness instead of giving you fake appreciation for being… fake. So be real. Be genuine. Be you. You are unique, you are true!
4. ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST
Always give your best shot in everything that you do in your life. This may include your work, goals, career, or just… anything. You only have one life so you might as well live your best life, and in order to do that, you must be willing to perform your best all the time no matter what. Plus the law of the universe says that whatever you give out, you will receive back. So believe that whenever you’re giving your best, that’s the only thing that the universe will eventually reward back to you. Never stop doing your best! All the hard work, effort and thoughts will be worth it in due timing. It will all pay off. Just keep going, and never ever stop.
5. LOVE YOURSELF FULLY
The greatest love story in your life is going to be between you and… you. You should be your first love and that’s how it should be. In order to find a love that lasts a lifetime we must first love ourselves. Loving yourself means to take care of yourself in all ways (mentally, physically and even financially) – basically it’s all about working on yourself as an individual until you become whole, or in other words, the best version of yourself. If you cannot love yourself fully, what makes you think you will be able to love someone else in the same way? Therefore, love yourself just the way you would love someone special to you. After all you have the capacity to love, so why not love yourself? Once you have managed to fill yourself with so much self love then your value increases – you will find that you don’t want to settle for anything less because you know that you deserve the best kind of love.
6. Maintain a healthy lifestyle
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle isn’t just about enjoying a fun life of doing whatever you want and whenever you want, but it’s more about taking good care of your physical, mental and spiritual health. When you give full attention to these 3 parts of your yourself, you will naturally feel more whole as an individual. You gain a feeling of inner satisfaction because you don’t feel a void in yourself.
With physical health it’s all about taking care of your body’s strength by exercising/doing some form of activity (such as running or cycling), that gets your heart racing. With mental health it’s all about taking care of your mind and keeping it full of positivity (surround yourself with positive people, do something you enjoy), which ultimately contributes to how well you deal with your daily life and reduces problems such as anxiety and depression. Finally, with spiritual health it’s all about connecting with your inner self and doing some soul searching. You can do this by praying more often and having faith in a bigger force (God), or the universe.
Remember, it’s all about feeling good inside, so it’s important to take care of those 3 attributes to maintain an overall healthy lifestyle, and, become the best version of yourself.
7. LEARN TO SAY NO
When you’re a person with a big heart, sometimes it can be hard to say no to others because you don’t want to upset them. But how long are you going to keep saying yes to others just to make them happy, when you actually want to say no? Think about it, when you want to say yes to others, make sure you’re not saying no to yourself. It’s toxic to keep saying yes because then you’re ignoring your own needs. Don’t forget that you’re a human too, and you deserve to be happy. You are absolutely free to say no when you don’t feel like it. You can say no to a party invitation. You can say no to toxic people. You can say no to an idea or suggestion. Literally, you are ALLOWED to say no to whatever you want to say no to! That’s called self-respect. Value yourself. Know who you are. Know what you want. And if you want to say no, simply say NO. It’s your life, own it and take control.
8. don't rely on social media
In today’s world we all get carried away by our smartphones, technology, internet and social media.
The thing with social media, is that it is easy to access and can be installed on mini devices including our phones, ipads, tablets, laptops, etc – things we tend to carry around with us everyday wherever we go. We get to easily open up an app, say instagram, go on a famous influencer’s profile and scroll through the posts/comments for long periods of time without even realizing before hours have passed. It can become addictive, which can sometimes be a good thing but also bad.
There are some good influencers on social media that will influence you to grow and become a better person. But there are also bad ones, which you must be aware of because they can have a toxic impact on your mental health, causing you to think a different way or become someone you are totally not.
Understand that social media is just that. Social media. It’s not real life. Whether your experience on whatever platform you use is good or bad, don’t rely on it so much that you forget you have a real life to live. Don’t allow yourself to become blinded by whatever is happening on social media so much that you lose yourself. Do allow yourself to value social media by networking with positive people, but definitely don’t waste your time.
9. stay away from toxic people... and drama
Sometimes it might difficult to ignore the red flags of certain people in your life simply because you love/appreciate them so much that you refuse to see the red flags or the negative parts of them. But this itself can be very toxic and detrimental to your own well being.
When you continue to associate yourself with toxic people/energy, you allow yourself to pick up on their same toxic vibes and eventually become quite toxic yourself, which, ultimately, can harm your overall well being. It can also become an internal struggle to the point where you find it hard to speak up about it to anyone – so it feels like you’re dealing with some kind of toxic drama in your life all alone.
When you find yourself in such a situation it might be best to distance yourself from such people to work on healing yourself from the damage caused. In serious cases, it might be best to cut them off completely but this doesn’t mean you love/appreciate/value them any less. You are allowed to step away from a toxic person, spend time to focus on yourself and maybe if you really love them that much, at the same time, love them from a distance, which hopefully should heal them too if you’re really desperate for them to become a better person who will be good enough for your peace. Just remember, you deserve to grow without having toxic people interrupt you. Your value does not decrease when you protect your energy from toxic vibes, it increases because you’re allowing room for positive vibes that can actually fill the voids in your heart/soul with more good energy.
10. live your life fully
Life is too short not to live like each day is the last day of your life. So the best way to value yourself is to dream big and make your life packed full of adventures and memories. What’s the point in living a half-lived life when there are people on the planet that have converted their dreams in to reality anyway? If they can do it, you can too. Remember that you deserve to feel satisfaction, fulfilment and a sense of achievement in your life. You deserve to live a life that is filled with lots of love, laughter and smiles. So, chase after the life you want and live it with passion. Don’t be one of those people who regret not doing anything with their life when they had every opportunity to do so – let this be your motivation to take up all your opportunities NOW! Own your life!
55 Inspiring Ways To Make The Most Out Of 2021
55 Inspiring Ways To Make The Most Out Of 2021
It is no doubt that 2020 was one heck of a year. All the ups and downs included – and not to forget, our lives being messed up due to COVID-19. It has been a crazy roller coaster! But this does not mean that a bad year should de-motivate you from making the new year good or even better. Here are 55 tips that may inspire you to make the most out of this new year:
1. Write down your plans and visions, for the long term.
2. Start on a new habit that will improve the quality of your life and living.
3. Work on eliminating bad habits by adopting good ones.
4. Set a sleeping schedule – one which you sleep early and wake up early getting at least 7-9 hours of sleep every night, consistently.
5. Don’t think about last year or the year before that – just don’t think about the past.
6. Focus on the present moment and how you can make your future better.
7. Get more organized with your finances and make a plan to be financially stronger.
8. Don’t miss any bill payments and avoid getting yourself into debt.
9. Stop being lazy and start being more productive.
10. Take a workout class on youtube – they will keep you physically active from the comfort of your own home. There are loads to choose from and good news, they are free!
11. Let go of credit cards – they are no good if you’re wanting to clear your debts and save more money.
12. Aim to walk at least 10,000 steps a day to get your heart active and achieve optimal health.
13. Declutter things you don’t need from your wardrobe, your phone, your laptop, your mind and your life.
14. Don’t keep your feelings and emotions bottled up – let them out to someone or write it out on your journal.
15. Learn a new skill because doing so will keep your mind fresh and active.
16. Stop holding grudges against people and learn to forgive and let go.
17. Be grateful for what you already have – simple things in life such as a house to live in, water to drink/bathe/shower in, a bed to sleep in, food to eat, electricity to use, clothes to wear, etc.
18. Stop procrastinating and understand how important it is for you to achieve all of your long term goals. Think about where you would like to be in 10 years time. Don’t waste your time now doing useless things.
19. Take selfies even if you’re not going anywhere. Feel good about yourself. Wear different outfits and take selfies to boost your self-esteem.
20. Eat foods that are healthy for your gut, heart, brain and all the other organs inside your body.
21. Do more strength training to make your bones stronger and improve overall physical posture.
22. Never be afraid to dream big; anything is achievable if you put your mind to it.
23. Get rid of negativity from your life and allow no time or space for it.
24. Maintain a gratitude journal or diary and write down your thoughts on it everyday.
25. Visualize your success and your highest self in the future and take the actions needed to get there.
26. Make positive changes in your life for positive results.
27. Get rid of toxic people, things, places, memories, whatever.
28. Say goodbye to people who are not healthy or good for you.
29. Put yourself first and on top of your to-do list.
30. Make more time for skincare and don’t forget to moisturize yourself daily.
31. Don’t waste your energy on the wrong things. Put your energy where it is most valued.
32. Don’t let anyone use you or take advantage of you, no matter how much of a good heart you have. Set boundaries.
33. Show up on time everyday. This is one tip for success.
34. Buy some new clothes and shoes to feel the new year, new me vibes.
35. Write down a list of 100 reasons why you want to be successful.
36. Let go of junk food/chocolate cravings and eat only in moderation when you’re actually hungry. Eat a healthy and balanced diet full of good nutrients for the body.
37. Spend more time away from social media and focus on the real world.
38. Spend a few minutes everyday walking – it is better than sitting on the bed scrolling through social media or playing games.
39. See this new year as a fresh start, not the beginning of another rubbish year.
40. Believe that you will meet the love of your life someday soon, and you will live happily ever after.
41. Start living your dream lifestyle by taking action towards it.
42. Refresh yourself throughout the day by doing simple things such as stretching or taking a few minutes to read a good book.
43. Drink more water to stay hydrated and aim to drink at least 4 litres of water a day.
44. Feel optimistic about where you’re heading in your life,
45. Believe in the power of miracles and never stop believing.
46. Do what you are most anxious and afraid to do because that is how you will grow.
47. Make a promise to yourself that you will never let yourself down and you will make yourself proud.
48. Pray and meditate more often to connect to your inner spiritual being.
49. Donate some money to charity to help poor people around the world and feel happy about doing this act of good deed.
50. Donate your old clothes, shoes and any other personal belongings that you no longer need.
51. Focus on small steps everyday to add up to big results overtime.
52. Keep your thoughts positive – what you think, will become.
53. Don’t let negative opinions or criticism affect you so deeply.
54. Plan your meals ahead so that you never lose track of your healthy diet.
55. Eat more whole foods such as fruit and vegetables instead of processed foods such as fizzy drinks, chips, icecream, chocolate, donuts, etc.
Well, I hope the above 55 ideas have sparked some interest in you. Wishing you all the best of happiness and success in this year and many more years to come! Stay blessed 🙂
35 Enlightening Quotes For Times Of Struggle
Struggling to find the light in your life? Don’t worry, we have all been there at some point. You can easily find your way back. The 35 quotes below should captivate your mind and help you get through your struggles. Enjoy! 🙂
1) Out of difficulties grow miracles…
2) Your limitation – it’s only your imagination.
3) Never forget to love yourself a little more each day than the day before.
4) Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one.
5) If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.
6) Our biggest asset is time. Yet, we waste it on regrets. Here’s to living a life worth each moment.
7) Our dreams are there to guide us.
8) Love the life you live. Live the life you love.
9) Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.
10) Thinking before acting is wisdom but acting before thinking is regret.
11) No one ever injured their eyesight by looking on the bright side.
12) Life is essentially an endless series of problems. The solution to one problem is merely the creation of the next one. Don’t hope for a life without problems. There’s no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.
13) Feel that things are eventually coming together. Feel it with all your heart and soul. Because they are.
14) Thoughts have unlimited potential to, directly or indirectly, make you feel empowered, uplifted and hopeful.
15) Until you cross the bridge of your insecurities you can’t begin to explore your possibilities.
16) Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all
17) This is your journey so stand up and prepare yourself for it.
18) All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark…
19) The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build live as only you can.
20) The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.
21) You must get in the mindset of seeing your goals being achieved. You have to ‘know’ that whatever it is you’re aiming for, you’re on the way to getting there.
22) The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need tomorrow.
23) The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination.
24) Every storm runs out of rain, just like every dark night turns into day.
25) Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle, so don’t give up.
26) If you have a WHY to live, you can bear almost any “HOW”. A meaningful life can be extremely satisfying even in the midst of hardship whereas a meaningless life is a terrible ordeal no matter how comfortable it is.
27) Life is a storm that will test you unceasingly. Don’t wait for calm waters that may not arrive. Derive purpose from resilience. Learn to sail the raging sea.
28) Don’t live life with regrets and make every minute count because everything happens for a reason.
29) You have to be bold and get rid of the thoughts that are holding you back.
30) Going to the mountains is like going home.
31) When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.
32) Happiness depends upon your outlook on life.
33) There are always going to be things you look back on and wish you did differently but those very choices made you exactly who you are today
34) The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow.
35) Never let hate get to the heart.
Thank you for reading. Don’t forget to leave a comment below with your thoughts.
Ongoing Website Construction
Hey all, this is just a temporary blog post to let you know that my website is in the process of going through some changes. If you have caught on, you will realize that there are many links that are missing and some of the pages are empty which looks messy! – but don’t worry about all this, I am on my way to fixing it. Just bear with me. This website will be more easily accessible within due time. In the mean time, you can still navigate and browse through the blog posts that I’ve already shared. Just be patient. Thanks in advance.
Uncategorized2 years ago
Winnie The Pooh Quotes
Anxiety Quotes2 years ago
40 Best Anxiety Quotes Images To Help You Stay Calm
Uncategorized2 years ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 2)
Uncategorized2 years ago
150 Top Self Love Quotes To Always Remember (Part 1)
BEST QUOTES1 year ago
30 Bright Affirmations and Helpful Reminders For Positive Living
Uncategorized2 years ago
150 Top Self Love Quotes To Always Remember (Part 5)
Uncategorized2 years ago
Here’s The Reality Of Self-Love, And Why It’s So Important
Uncategorized2 years ago
50 Cute Motivational Quotes For Girls Especially