here are 10 great ways you can value yourself as a person. always remember that no one gets to define or create your value; only you can do that!
1. USE YOUR TIME WISELY
One important way to value yourself is to value your time. If you don’t value it, there is no way that others will value it too. Ask yourself “what am I doing with my time?”, “am I using my time in a way which makes me more valuable as a person?”, “do I own my time or does it own me?”. Take a moment to think about how each day of your life goes. What do you do? Are you spending time doing things that will help you grow as an individual? Are you creating art? Are you helping others? Are you helping YOURSELF? Or… are you simply just wasting your days doing useless things… such as mindlessly scrolling through social media? Hurting others? Hurting yourself? Think about what you do. Time is too precious and once wasted, you will never get it back. You will only regret wasting your time doing things you shouldn’t be doing, or at least, contributing to your own well being.
2. APPRECIATE WHAT YOU HAVE
Yes as humans we will sometimes be selfish and want more because maybe, we deserve it. And that’s completely OK. But the truth is we cannot possibly be happy with having more if we do not appreciate what we already have. This means that, for example, if you are always talking about wanting more money or materialistic things, but don’t already appreciate the amount of money or materialistic things you have now, then you might never be satisfied – you will keep wanting more and more and more… until when? How do you expect to be satisfied with anything if what you already have doesn’t satisfy you enough? That’s why you must learn to appreciate everything in your life because at any time, you could lose it all. Of course it’s fine to want more, but you should work for it WHILE being appreciative of all that you already possess.
3. accept your uniqueness
Take pride in the fact that there is only one you, and that there is no one else in the world who is exactly like you. You are different. You are not the same as everyone else. Nobody can be you, even if they tried. We are all different in our own ways, and that’s something we should accept, and it’s what makes us beautiful too. Why bother wasting your time trying to be like someone else, when there are people in the world that would love you for who you are? In the end, the world would respect and appreciate you for your uniqueness instead of giving you fake appreciation for being… fake. So be real. Be genuine. Be you. You are unique, you are true!
4. ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST
Always give your best shot in everything that you do in your life. This may include your work, goals, career, or just… anything. You only have one life so you might as well live your best life, and in order to do that, you must be willing to perform your best all the time no matter what. Plus the law of the universe says that whatever you give out, you will receive back. So believe that whenever you’re giving your best, that’s the only thing that the universe will eventually reward back to you. Never stop doing your best! All the hard work, effort and thoughts will be worth it in due timing. It will all pay off. Just keep going, and never ever stop.
5. LOVE YOURSELF FULLY
The greatest love story in your life is going to be between you and… you. You should be your first love and that’s how it should be. In order to find a love that lasts a lifetime we must first love ourselves. Loving yourself means to take care of yourself in all ways (mentally, physically and even financially) – basically it’s all about working on yourself as an individual until you become whole, or in other words, the best version of yourself. If you cannot love yourself fully, what makes you think you will be able to love someone else in the same way? Therefore, love yourself just the way you would love someone special to you. After all you have the capacity to love, so why not love yourself? Once you have managed to fill yourself with so much self love then your value increases – you will find that you don’t want to settle for anything less because you know that you deserve the best kind of love.
6. Maintain a healthy lifestyle
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle isn’t just about enjoying a fun life of doing whatever you want and whenever you want, but it’s more about taking good care of your physical, mental and spiritual health. When you give full attention to these 3 parts of your yourself, you will naturally feel more whole as an individual. You gain a feeling of inner satisfaction because you don’t feel a void in yourself.
With physical health it’s all about taking care of your body’s strength by exercising/doing some form of activity (such as running or cycling), that gets your heart racing. With mental health it’s all about taking care of your mind and keeping it full of positivity (surround yourself with positive people, do something you enjoy), which ultimately contributes to how well you deal with your daily life and reduces problems such as anxiety and depression. Finally, with spiritual health it’s all about connecting with your inner self and doing some soul searching. You can do this by praying more often and having faith in a bigger force (God), or the universe.
Remember, it’s all about feeling good inside, so it’s important to take care of those 3 attributes to maintain an overall healthy lifestyle, and, become the best version of yourself.
7. LEARN TO SAY NO
When you’re a person with a big heart, sometimes it can be hard to say no to others because you don’t want to upset them. But how long are you going to keep saying yes to others just to make them happy, when you actually want to say no? Think about it, when you want to say yes to others, make sure you’re not saying no to yourself. It’s toxic to keep saying yes because then you’re ignoring your own needs. Don’t forget that you’re a human too, and you deserve to be happy. You are absolutely free to say no when you don’t feel like it. You can say no to a party invitation. You can say no to toxic people. You can say no to an idea or suggestion. Literally, you are ALLOWED to say no to whatever you want to say no to! That’s called self-respect. Value yourself. Know who you are. Know what you want. And if you want to say no, simply say NO. It’s your life, own it and take control.
8. don't rely on social media
In today’s world we all get carried away by our smartphones, technology, internet and social media.
The thing with social media, is that it is easy to access and can be installed on mini devices including our phones, ipads, tablets, laptops, etc – things we tend to carry around with us everyday wherever we go. We get to easily open up an app, say instagram, go on a famous influencer’s profile and scroll through the posts/comments for long periods of time without even realizing before hours have passed. It can become addictive, which can sometimes be a good thing but also bad.
There are some good influencers on social media that will influence you to grow and become a better person. But there are also bad ones, which you must be aware of because they can have a toxic impact on your mental health, causing you to think a different way or become someone you are totally not.
Understand that social media is just that. Social media. It’s not real life. Whether your experience on whatever platform you use is good or bad, don’t rely on it so much that you forget you have a real life to live. Don’t allow yourself to become blinded by whatever is happening on social media so much that you lose yourself. Do allow yourself to value social media by networking with positive people, but definitely don’t waste your time.
9. stay away from toxic people... and drama
Sometimes it might difficult to ignore the red flags of certain people in your life simply because you love/appreciate them so much that you refuse to see the red flags or the negative parts of them. But this itself can be very toxic and detrimental to your own well being.
When you continue to associate yourself with toxic people/energy, you allow yourself to pick up on their same toxic vibes and eventually become quite toxic yourself, which, ultimately, can harm your overall well being. It can also become an internal struggle to the point where you find it hard to speak up about it to anyone – so it feels like you’re dealing with some kind of toxic drama in your life all alone.
When you find yourself in such a situation it might be best to distance yourself from such people to work on healing yourself from the damage caused. In serious cases, it might be best to cut them off completely but this doesn’t mean you love/appreciate/value them any less. You are allowed to step away from a toxic person, spend time to focus on yourself and maybe if you really love them that much, at the same time, love them from a distance, which hopefully should heal them too if you’re really desperate for them to become a better person who will be good enough for your peace. Just remember, you deserve to grow without having toxic people interrupt you. Your value does not decrease when you protect your energy from toxic vibes, it increases because you’re allowing room for positive vibes that can actually fill the voids in your heart/soul with more good energy.
10. live your life fully
Life is too short not to live like each day is the last day of your life. So the best way to value yourself is to dream big and make your life packed full of adventures and memories. What’s the point in living a half-lived life when there are people on the planet that have converted their dreams in to reality anyway? If they can do it, you can too. Remember that you deserve to feel satisfaction, fulfilment and a sense of achievement in your life. You deserve to live a life that is filled with lots of love, laughter and smiles. So, chase after the life you want and live it with passion. Don’t be one of those people who regret not doing anything with their life when they had every opportunity to do so – let this be your motivation to take up all your opportunities NOW! Own your life!
35 Enlightening Quotes For Times Of Struggle
Struggling to find the light in your life? Don’t worry, we have all been there at some point. You can easily find your way back. The 35 quotes below should captivate your mind and help you get through your struggles. Enjoy! 🙂
1) Out of difficulties grow miracles…
2) Your limitation – it’s only your imagination.
3) Never forget to love yourself a little more each day than the day before.
4) Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one.
5) If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.
6) Our biggest asset is time. Yet, we waste it on regrets. Here’s to living a life worth each moment.
7) Our dreams are there to guide us.
8) Love the life you live. Live the life you love.
9) Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.
10) Thinking before acting is wisdom but acting before thinking is regret.
11) No one ever injured their eyesight by looking on the bright side.
12) Life is essentially an endless series of problems. The solution to one problem is merely the creation of the next one. Don’t hope for a life without problems. There’s no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.
13) Feel that things are eventually coming together. Feel it with all your heart and soul. Because they are.
14) Thoughts have unlimited potential to, directly or indirectly, make you feel empowered, uplifted and hopeful.
15) Until you cross the bridge of your insecurities you can’t begin to explore your possibilities.
16) Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all
17) This is your journey so stand up and prepare yourself for it.
18) All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark…
19) The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build live as only you can.
20) The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.
21) You must get in the mindset of seeing your goals being achieved. You have to ‘know’ that whatever it is you’re aiming for, you’re on the way to getting there.
22) The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need tomorrow.
23) The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination.
24) Every storm runs out of rain, just like every dark night turns into day.
25) Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle, so don’t give up.
26) If you have a WHY to live, you can bear almost any “HOW”. A meaningful life can be extremely satisfying even in the midst of hardship whereas a meaningless life is a terrible ordeal no matter how comfortable it is.
27) Life is a storm that will test you unceasingly. Don’t wait for calm waters that may not arrive. Derive purpose from resilience. Learn to sail the raging sea.
28) Don’t live life with regrets and make every minute count because everything happens for a reason.
29) You have to be bold and get rid of the thoughts that are holding you back.
30) Going to the mountains is like going home.
31) When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.
32) Happiness depends upon your outlook on life.
33) There are always going to be things you look back on and wish you did differently but those very choices made you exactly who you are today
34) The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow.
35) Never let hate get to the heart.
Thank you for reading. Don’t forget to leave a comment below with your thoughts.
Ongoing Website Construction
Hey all, this is just a temporary blog post to let you know that my website is in the process of going through some changes. If you have caught on, you will realize that there are many links that are missing and some of the pages are empty which looks messy! – but don’t worry about all this, I am on my way to fixing it. Just bear with me. This website will be more easily accessible within due time. In the mean time, you can still navigate and browse through the blog posts that I’ve already shared. Just be patient. Thanks in advance.
50 Powerful Eye Opener Quotes To Remember For Life
If you feel like you need an extra push towards the right direction in your life, read the following quotes and apply them to your own life accordingly. I hope these quotes will be helpful. Enjoy 🙂
1. It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure you that you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.
2. No one is to blame for your future situation but yourself. If you want to be better, then simply be better. Stop complicating things for yourself. Decide what you want and work for it.
3. Self confidence is a super power. Once you start believing in yourself, magic happens.
4. If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.
5. Most of the greatest things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying where there seemed to be no hope at all.
6. Prayer is our powerful contact with the greatest force in the universe.
7. Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching.
8. You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.
9. Whatever you're facing right now, you can get through it! You always have done, always will do. And someday, you will get through it completely that it won't bother you anymore
10. Never settle with the belief that your life won't get better because one day it just might.
11. Never give up... always keep going... even when things seem impossible...
12. Sometimes life can be hard but that doesn't mean you should stop trying your best
13. Don't forget that you play an important role to this world. You are needed and you exist for a great purpose
14. No one said life would be easy, they just promised it would get better.
15. The truth is, you gotta be selfish sometimes. You have to take care of yourself and be there for yourself. Make sure you do the best you can to keep yourself together. That's not selfish, that's actually very important to do. Don't ever forget that
16. The key to happiness is good health
17. Every man is two men; one is awake in the darkness, the other asleep in the light.
18. Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.
19. Self-worth comes from one thing -- thinking that you are worthy.
20. If you would have a faithful servant and one that you like, serve yourself.
21. Creation is a better means of self-expression that possession; it is through creating, not possessing, that life is revealed.
22. That kind of life is most happy which affords us most opportunities of gaining our own esteem.
23. There are few human emotions as warm, comforting, and enveloping as self-pity. And nothing is more corrosive and destructive. There is only one answer; turn away from it and move on.
24. Life can be awkward at times. It is part of the growing process.
25. Sometimes we develop grand concepts of what happiness might look like for us, but if we pay attention, we can see that there are little symbols of happiness in every breath that we take.
26. The greatest success, is successful self acceptance.
27. Always remember that your net worth is not the same thing as your self-worth, and your value is not based on your valuables.
28. Look into your own heart, discover what it is that gives you pain and then refuse, under any circumstance whatsoever, to inflict that pain on anybody else.
29. Never say anything about yourself you do not want to come true.
30. The self is just our operation center, our consciousness, our moral compass. So, if we want to act more effectively in the world, we have to get to know ourselves better.
31. It is the hardest thing in the world to be a good thinker without being a good self examiner.
32. It isnt until you come to a spiritual understanding of who you are not necessarily a religious feeling but deep down the spirit within that that you can begin to take control.
33. But it's not what they think of you that matters, it's what you think of yourself.
34. The act of forgiveness takes place in our own mind. It really has nothing to do with the other person.
35. If you have the ability to open your eyes each morning, then you also have the ability to face that day.
36. We only feel good about ourselves to the exact degree we feel in control of our lives.
37. You are a function of what the whole universe is doing in the same way that a wave is a function of what the whole ocean is doing.
38. We are not of what we feel or believe to do, we are of what we do or fail to do.
39. When you're rotten about yourself, you become rotten to everyone else, even those you love.
40. He who reigns within himself, and rules passions, desires, and fears, is more than a king.
41. Dream your dreams with your eyes closed, but live your dreams with your eyes open.
42. There are two kinds of evil people in this world, people who do evil stuff and people who see evil stuff being done and dont do anything about it.
43. Our eyes are placed in front because it is more important to look ahead than to look back
44. If you stopped believing in yourself, then now is the time to start believing in yourself again.
45. Believe in yourself, believe in all that you are, and all that you will become.
46. To climb steep hills, it requires slow pace at first.
47. We are what we repeatedly do. So, excellence isn't a choice - it's a habit.
48. The best cure for ones bad tendencies is to see them in action in another person.
49. We are more easily persuaded, in general, by the reasons we ourselves discover than by those which are given to us by others.
50. Happiness is the settling of the soul into it's most appropriate spot...
Thank you for reading these quotes! Let me know if you have any favourites in the comments below.
Uncategorized1 year ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 2)
Anxiety Quotes1 year ago
40 Best Anxiety Quotes Images To Help You Stay Calm
Uncategorized1 year ago
150 Top Self Love Quotes To Always Remember (Part 1)
Uncategorized1 year ago
Here’s The Reality Of Self-Love, And Why It’s So Important
Uncategorized1 year ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 11)
Uncategorized1 year ago
200 Inspirational & Valuable Life Quotes That Will Make You Think Deeply
Uncategorized10 months ago
77 Hopeful Quotes That Will Keep You Going (Part 2)
Uncategorized1 year ago
1000 Best Life Quotes (Part 3)