Stress is something that occurs to every person at some point in their lives. It happens mainly when they’ve reached a breaking point in a certain area of their life which they are finding really difficult to deal with (such as the build up of exam and essay deadlines). Whatever it is, stress can become a problem which interrupts our daily life and it should not be ignored or taken lightly.
In this blog post I’m going to give a personal description about some of the signs that I am currently experiencing during my own stressful times. I will discuss 10 points so please read on and see if any of them apply to you. (I will also be sharing how I cope with my stress in the next post so stay tuned for that). Hope you enjoy reading on 🙂
1) Under pressure
I have noticed that when I have so much to do I tend to feel like the world is ending and my time will be over soon. Everything around me feels so chaotic and messed up. I feel so pressurized that it’s suffocating to be in the middle of all the incomplete work that needs to be done. It really feels like I’m in such a rush to get my life together but at the same time, time is running out, and I must hurry up fast before everything comes crashing down. I just feel that being under pressure fuels to my stress levels, and that stresses me out even more!
2) Poor diet
As much as I am health conscious and aware of the sort of food that I eat, my stress levels have the tendency to make me lose my appetite and eat less than I usually do. I’m so overwhelmed with everything that food isn’t even on my mind (because all that’s on my mind is the heavy work load stress). Some days I will eat perfectly fine, but during the days when I feel that my stress is bugging me to the core, I cannot eat properly. I will literally just eat a bowl of cereal and call it a wrap for the day.
3) Mood swings
When I’m stressed out, my moods can be a bit of a roller coaster. I have a hard time being in a good mood consistently because there’s always something that reminds me that something is missing or is not finished. This automatically switches me off to the point where I literally just don’t feel like doing anything or talking about anything. I tend to get irritable and triggered easily. Sometimes I even find myself snapping at my family members for the smallest things, and they get impatient/annoyed/confused with me. What’s worse is that they don’t know why I’m stressed out because I prefer not to burden them with what I’m going through, so the fact that they don’t know, and the fact that I have to constantly pretend as if I’m fine, alone messes with my moods even more. Ugh!
4) Lack of sleep/oversleeping
There are many nights where I have trouble falling asleep as soon as I place my head on my pillow. I just can’t seem to fall asleep easily because it’s the stressful thinking that keeps me up during the night hours. I stay up and think about everything. I think about what I’ve done. And what I haven’t done. My sleep routine is a complete mess. Some nights I fall asleep around 1am and wake up around 12pm, and other nights I fall sleep around 5am and wake up around 2pm. However, now and then, when I’m really really tired, I fall asleep around 12am and wake up around 9am. Basically, my sleeping pattern is a wreck! It’s all over the place!
5) Becoming distant from social activities
I get so stressed out that I avoid anything to do with people in general. I isolate myself from literally everyone, and that includes my family too. I rarely go out in front of them or spend as much time as I should. The thing is that I just don’t like the idea of facing anyone while I’m going through stressful times in fear that they will judge me from the stress/frustration that can blatantly be seen on my face. Haha yes, seriously, it’s always obvious when I’m not feeling good about myself. My family sometimes picks it out and observes me. And so I avoid facing them as much as I can while I figure out how I can handle everything. I really just to keep myself to myself. I don’t like the idea of anyone catching troubled/disturbed/stressed out vibes from me, so I can get quite distant even though I wholeheartedly don’t mean to.
6) Problems concentrating/staying focused
One thing that bothers me when I’m overly stressed is the inability to concentrate on a task for a long period of time without getting distracted by my phone or simply talking myself out of it with thoughts like “I can do it tomorrow” or “I just need a break, maybe later” – not very wise of me, but this alone delays my progress and ends up making me feel like more of a stressed out piece of sh*t. It’s honestly frustrating, I cannot seem to stay focused in the way that I wish I could. Damn it!!!
It gets exhausting when I have to wake up everyday and be reminded of how much I’m lacking in my life. The same old routine, waking up and thinking: “I need to focus on creating 50 more posts”, “need to keep up with my pinterest stats”, “I need to make my website look perfect”, “I need to find a way”, “I have to do this before I wreck everything up”, “I feel so behind in life”, “I have to start working on more content and get my work out there”, “I need to exercise and work out too!”, “I gotta figure out a way now”, “omg I need to post on twitter”, “I don’t wanna dismiss instagram, I really wanna catch up with my feed”, “I don’t know what to eat”… and so on… but you get the idea. All of it just gets tiring, sometimes I feel like giving up, and most of the times I don’t get the rest that I crave.
8) Doubting myself
For someone who has a lot of potential/ability, I do doubt myself. I own up to that. I’m no different from anyone else, there are times when I just believe that I can’t do it. I get weak. I stumble. I have all these incomplete projects and plans that just…make me not want to do them anymore because “I don’t think I can” or “I think I should be doing something much easier”. I have these moments a lot, especially during the really really stressful times. Self-doubt messes with my confidence too. It gets annoying.
9) Worried about my health
What’s more stressful than being stressed about anything at all? Well, for more, it’s my health. My concern for staying healthy is big. I often worry about how I might end up if I don’t handle my stress well. I even start googling symptoms for the most minor things that I notice different about myself such as a little headache or belly ache or even a tiny paper cut. I can’t help but think that I’m going to die haha!
10) Low energy
Finally, on some days I noticed that I have almost no energy to do much. I simply don’t feel energetic enough to handle my tasks or stay focused. I get my laptop out, sit on the edge of my bed until “I can’t be bothered to do this anymore, so I’ll just lay down here and stare at the wall for 30 minutes or something”. Or I could be sitting on my bedroom floor with all my paper, books and pens out until I, without realizing, shut down and end up napping for an hour or two. Yup, that’s how much of an effect all this stress has on me. I yawn and I just get really tired.
And that’s that. I really hope you enjoyed reading my personal stressful experiences and thoughts. Do you think you can relate to any of them? If so, then please let me know in the comments section. I would love to read what you have to say. 🙂
Also, may I add that in my next blog post I will be sharing information on how I handle my stress based on all the 10 points that I discussed in this post (don’t miss out on it, stay tuned!)
Thanks for reading!
35 Enlightening Quotes For Times Of Struggle
Struggling to find the light in your life? Don’t worry, we have all been there at some point. You can easily find your way back. The 35 quotes below should captivate your mind and help you get through your struggles. Enjoy! 🙂
1) Out of difficulties grow miracles…
2) Your limitation – it’s only your imagination.
3) Never forget to love yourself a little more each day than the day before.
4) Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one.
5) If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.
6) Our biggest asset is time. Yet, we waste it on regrets. Here’s to living a life worth each moment.
7) Our dreams are there to guide us.
8) Love the life you live. Live the life you love.
9) Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.
10) Thinking before acting is wisdom but acting before thinking is regret.
11) No one ever injured their eyesight by looking on the bright side.
12) Life is essentially an endless series of problems. The solution to one problem is merely the creation of the next one. Don’t hope for a life without problems. There’s no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.
13) Feel that things are eventually coming together. Feel it with all your heart and soul. Because they are.
14) Thoughts have unlimited potential to, directly or indirectly, make you feel empowered, uplifted and hopeful.
15) Until you cross the bridge of your insecurities you can’t begin to explore your possibilities.
16) Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all
17) This is your journey so stand up and prepare yourself for it.
18) All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark…
19) The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build live as only you can.
20) The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.
21) You must get in the mindset of seeing your goals being achieved. You have to ‘know’ that whatever it is you’re aiming for, you’re on the way to getting there.
22) The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need tomorrow.
23) The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination.
24) Every storm runs out of rain, just like every dark night turns into day.
25) Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle, so don’t give up.
26) If you have a WHY to live, you can bear almost any “HOW”. A meaningful life can be extremely satisfying even in the midst of hardship whereas a meaningless life is a terrible ordeal no matter how comfortable it is.
27) Life is a storm that will test you unceasingly. Don’t wait for calm waters that may not arrive. Derive purpose from resilience. Learn to sail the raging sea.
28) Don’t live life with regrets and make every minute count because everything happens for a reason.
29) You have to be bold and get rid of the thoughts that are holding you back.
30) Going to the mountains is like going home.
31) When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.
32) Happiness depends upon your outlook on life.
33) There are always going to be things you look back on and wish you did differently but those very choices made you exactly who you are today
34) The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow.
35) Never let hate get to the heart.
Thank you for reading. Don’t forget to leave a comment below with your thoughts.
Ongoing Website Construction
Hey all, this is just a temporary blog post to let you know that my website is in the process of going through some changes. If you have caught on, you will realize that there are many links that are missing and some of the pages are empty which looks messy! – but don’t worry about all this, I am on my way to fixing it. Just bear with me. This website will be more easily accessible within due time. In the mean time, you can still navigate and browse through the blog posts that I’ve already shared. Just be patient. Thanks in advance.
50 Powerful Eye Opener Quotes To Remember For Life
If you feel like you need an extra push towards the right direction in your life, read the following quotes and apply them to your own life accordingly. I hope these quotes will be helpful. Enjoy 🙂
1. It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure you that you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.
2. No one is to blame for your future situation but yourself. If you want to be better, then simply be better. Stop complicating things for yourself. Decide what you want and work for it.
3. Self confidence is a super power. Once you start believing in yourself, magic happens.
4. If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.
5. Most of the greatest things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying where there seemed to be no hope at all.
6. Prayer is our powerful contact with the greatest force in the universe.
7. Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching.
8. You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.
9. Whatever you're facing right now, you can get through it! You always have done, always will do. And someday, you will get through it completely that it won't bother you anymore
10. Never settle with the belief that your life won't get better because one day it just might.
11. Never give up... always keep going... even when things seem impossible...
12. Sometimes life can be hard but that doesn't mean you should stop trying your best
13. Don't forget that you play an important role to this world. You are needed and you exist for a great purpose
14. No one said life would be easy, they just promised it would get better.
15. The truth is, you gotta be selfish sometimes. You have to take care of yourself and be there for yourself. Make sure you do the best you can to keep yourself together. That's not selfish, that's actually very important to do. Don't ever forget that
16. The key to happiness is good health
17. Every man is two men; one is awake in the darkness, the other asleep in the light.
18. Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.
19. Self-worth comes from one thing -- thinking that you are worthy.
20. If you would have a faithful servant and one that you like, serve yourself.
21. Creation is a better means of self-expression that possession; it is through creating, not possessing, that life is revealed.
22. That kind of life is most happy which affords us most opportunities of gaining our own esteem.
23. There are few human emotions as warm, comforting, and enveloping as self-pity. And nothing is more corrosive and destructive. There is only one answer; turn away from it and move on.
24. Life can be awkward at times. It is part of the growing process.
25. Sometimes we develop grand concepts of what happiness might look like for us, but if we pay attention, we can see that there are little symbols of happiness in every breath that we take.
26. The greatest success, is successful self acceptance.
27. Always remember that your net worth is not the same thing as your self-worth, and your value is not based on your valuables.
28. Look into your own heart, discover what it is that gives you pain and then refuse, under any circumstance whatsoever, to inflict that pain on anybody else.
29. Never say anything about yourself you do not want to come true.
30. The self is just our operation center, our consciousness, our moral compass. So, if we want to act more effectively in the world, we have to get to know ourselves better.
31. It is the hardest thing in the world to be a good thinker without being a good self examiner.
32. It isnt until you come to a spiritual understanding of who you are not necessarily a religious feeling but deep down the spirit within that that you can begin to take control.
33. But it's not what they think of you that matters, it's what you think of yourself.
34. The act of forgiveness takes place in our own mind. It really has nothing to do with the other person.
35. If you have the ability to open your eyes each morning, then you also have the ability to face that day.
36. We only feel good about ourselves to the exact degree we feel in control of our lives.
37. You are a function of what the whole universe is doing in the same way that a wave is a function of what the whole ocean is doing.
38. We are not of what we feel or believe to do, we are of what we do or fail to do.
39. When you're rotten about yourself, you become rotten to everyone else, even those you love.
40. He who reigns within himself, and rules passions, desires, and fears, is more than a king.
41. Dream your dreams with your eyes closed, but live your dreams with your eyes open.
42. There are two kinds of evil people in this world, people who do evil stuff and people who see evil stuff being done and dont do anything about it.
43. Our eyes are placed in front because it is more important to look ahead than to look back
44. If you stopped believing in yourself, then now is the time to start believing in yourself again.
45. Believe in yourself, believe in all that you are, and all that you will become.
46. To climb steep hills, it requires slow pace at first.
47. We are what we repeatedly do. So, excellence isn't a choice - it's a habit.
48. The best cure for ones bad tendencies is to see them in action in another person.
49. We are more easily persuaded, in general, by the reasons we ourselves discover than by those which are given to us by others.
50. Happiness is the settling of the soul into it's most appropriate spot...
Thank you for reading these quotes! Let me know if you have any favourites in the comments below.
Anxiety Quotes2 years ago
40 Best Anxiety Quotes Images To Help You Stay Calm
Uncategorized2 years ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 2)
Uncategorized2 years ago
150 Top Self Love Quotes To Always Remember (Part 1)
Uncategorized1 year ago
Winnie The Pooh Quotes
Uncategorized2 years ago
Here’s The Reality Of Self-Love, And Why It’s So Important
Uncategorized1 year ago
50 Cute Motivational Quotes For Girls Especially
Uncategorized1 year ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 11)
Uncategorized2 years ago
200 Inspirational & Valuable Life Quotes That Will Make You Think Deeply