In this post I’m going to talk about 20 ways that I like to spend time alone. Disclaimer: the things I consider to be fun may not be fun to you, what’s fun to you may not be fun to me. We’re all different and we all have unique taste. Let’s respect that. Hope you enjoy 🙂
1. Dress up/do my makeup
I like to try on different clothes and discover styles that may suit me. I typically don’t feel good about myself so experimenting with clothes and doing my makeup really can be fun sometimes. It gives me that confidence boost that I always need. And not only that but doing this helps me get to know more about my overall fashion taste.
2. Catch up on my favourite YouTube channels
Life can be hectic and busy sometimes so catching up on some of my favourite YouTube channels (such as makeup collections, DIY, home tours and haul videos) makes me feel that I have access to the break that I need. It’s just really nice sometimes to unplug and watch videos which I can learn and enhance my own skills from.
3. Discover new music
Although the music that I currently listen to is nice, I must admit that sometimes I get bored of listening to the same music every day. So I like to browse through undiscovered, low key artists – and to be honest I end up finding some of the best songs I feel like I should have listened to a long time ago. Old is gold!!!
4. Organize my room/wardrobe
Sometimes I love looking through my stuff to admire what I have and in the process of doing that I somehow end up organizing my entire room and wardrobe. There’s just something therapeutic about organizing and it’s always worth it when my room feels like a cluttered mess. It’s the feeling of cleaning, somehow makes me feel like I’m cleaning up my entire life too.
5. Vacuum every room of the house
This is going to sound weird but I like the sound that the vacuum cleaner makes. It feels like genuine alone time because the only thing that’s really on my mind is just me, the vacuum cleaner and my complete focus on vacuuming the entire house. The plus side is that it gets my blood pumping so it’s good exercise too.
6. Visit the library
I am fortunate enough to have access to a very big, traditional local library which is very close to where I live. I visit it quite often because it’s peaceful and not many people go there which is perfect for me. It gives me plenty of time to focus on getting my alone time and just catching up with general work for myself. I pick out random books and read through them to get inspiration. I do believe that the library is a great place to be, that’s where new ideas can be born and transformed.
7. Spend time on Pinterest
I’d say that my all time favourite social media app is pinterest. The main reason why is because of the endless ideas and inspiration that exists there in comparison to other social media apps. There’s so much pretty things to look at on pinterest, I can never resist logging in to that app and scrolling and pinning stuff for hours. Not only that, but I really love sharing my own work and ideas too, it makes me feel like I really own the platform and am part of such a mind blowing vibe of creativity. Pinterest is my absolute favourite, I don’t know where I’d be without it.
8. Paint my nails
I don’t paint my nails often so the majority of the time they are plain and yes, very boring to look at. So now and then, I like to paint my nails to add a bit of colour to my hands so that when I’m typing on a keyboard, I can look down at my hands and be proud that my nails look good, lol… I don’t know… I think that sounds weird but yeah. That’s that.
9. Curl my hair
My hair is always straight so I like experimenting with my curler to see how I look with curly hair. It gets boring doing the same hairstyle all the time so I like switching it up sometimes by adding soft curls to my hair.
10. Browse through different websites
I don’t always do this but rarely, I like researching websites from different niche/category groups and looking through their layout/content to spark ideas for my own website and content too. I try not to look at other websites because I’d rather keep my own stuff as unique as possible. I like thinking of ideas for and by myself.
Yes, I still like colouring. No, it’s not childish. In fact colouring is good for your brain and overall mental health. It helps you to reduce symptoms such as stress and anxiety. I have a colouring book which has different pattern outlines. I find that when I colour, I feel that my brain is focused on the simple activity of colouring, and nothing else becomes a distraction, suddenly my brain just feels relaxed.
12. Apply a face mask
At least twice a week I like to apply a face mask to rejuvenate my skin. I like to call this a part of my self-care routine because it honestly feels relaxing to just lay back and feel the mask setting in to the skin. Each time it takes up to 15 – 20 minutes to complete a face mask but I think it’s definitely worth the investment.
I shower literally every. single. day. I am obsessed with showering, I usually do so after I complete my exercise/work out routine after 9pm. Yes that’s quite late but that’s when I prefer to shower. Just before bed time. I feel much cleaner and sleep better. And also, when I’m in the shower I like to get in to a deep thinking mode about life, which explains why some days I take longer to shower than other days. But in the end I come out feeling refreshed so that makes me happy.
I like going out to big shopping centres on my own and looking around different high end shops for things to buy. I don’t always end up buying, but just the feeling of walking and looking at cool things has the power alone to make me feel like I’m spending quality time with myself. It makes me happy. Of course I’m even more happier when I make purchases on things that I love!
15. Read a self-help book
I don’t read much books, but when I do, I read mostly self-help books. I think that it is such a good investment to read such books because in the end they will help and inspire you to work on improving yourself and be the best version of yourself.
16. Imagine my dream life
I like thinking about my future, it keeps me motivated to work hard. My dream life isn’t all about a fancy house, fancy cars and millions of cash, but it’s all about happiness and peace. It’s about living the kind of life that personally makes me feel good, satisfied, over the moon and grateful. My idea of a dream life might not be the same for everyone, but I know what I want and I like to think about it a lot.
17. Research healthy meals
Currently, or should I say, for most of my life I just know about basic meals. I’m not really adventurous with food. And I don’t really know how to cook much. So in my spare time I tend to research healthy meals that appeal to me. I take notes of them and write down ingredients that I need, then for future reference I can look back and recreate those meals successfully. I don’t do this often but I wish in the future I have more time to do so.
18. Go through my social media posts
Believe it or not, I stalk my own social media content way more than I stalk other people’s content. I like looking back and reviewing my own stuff, comparing my own progress to previous months/years. It helps me reflect on how much I have grown as a person. I never get boring of doing this, lol. I spend hours and hours focusing on my own stuff.
19. Look for journal inspiration
I have always been inspired by the idea of having a journal, and I do own a few journal/notebooks. Unfortunately I can’t always be creative every day and I tend to run out of ideas, so I like looking through other journal page ideas on sites like Instagram and YouTube and recreate them for my own. I don’t have the best work so allowing myself to be inspired by other great journal creators really motivates me to fill up my own journal space just like they do.
Finally, last but not least, exercise is my absolute favourite way to spend time alone. I like to call it “me time” because that’s when I can be away from everyone, and just stay stuck inside a room all to myself with the exercise machines. I like being active and maintaining good health, so exercise can be really fun, especially knowing that I’m in control of increasing strength for my body because I don’t like to be weak.
You have now reached to the end of this post, thank you for reading! Also, don’t forget to leave a comment below with your thoughts and opinions. Let me know some of your own fun ways that you spend time alone. Share your ideas for the world to read, drop a comment 🙂
35 Enlightening Quotes For Times Of Struggle
Struggling to find the light in your life? Don’t worry, we have all been there at some point. You can easily find your way back. The 35 quotes below should captivate your mind and help you get through your struggles. Enjoy! 🙂
1) Out of difficulties grow miracles…
2) Your limitation – it’s only your imagination.
3) Never forget to love yourself a little more each day than the day before.
4) Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one.
5) If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.
6) Our biggest asset is time. Yet, we waste it on regrets. Here’s to living a life worth each moment.
7) Our dreams are there to guide us.
8) Love the life you live. Live the life you love.
9) Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.
10) Thinking before acting is wisdom but acting before thinking is regret.
11) No one ever injured their eyesight by looking on the bright side.
12) Life is essentially an endless series of problems. The solution to one problem is merely the creation of the next one. Don’t hope for a life without problems. There’s no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.
13) Feel that things are eventually coming together. Feel it with all your heart and soul. Because they are.
14) Thoughts have unlimited potential to, directly or indirectly, make you feel empowered, uplifted and hopeful.
15) Until you cross the bridge of your insecurities you can’t begin to explore your possibilities.
16) Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all
17) This is your journey so stand up and prepare yourself for it.
18) All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark…
19) The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build live as only you can.
20) The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.
21) You must get in the mindset of seeing your goals being achieved. You have to ‘know’ that whatever it is you’re aiming for, you’re on the way to getting there.
22) The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need tomorrow.
23) The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination.
24) Every storm runs out of rain, just like every dark night turns into day.
25) Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle, so don’t give up.
26) If you have a WHY to live, you can bear almost any “HOW”. A meaningful life can be extremely satisfying even in the midst of hardship whereas a meaningless life is a terrible ordeal no matter how comfortable it is.
27) Life is a storm that will test you unceasingly. Don’t wait for calm waters that may not arrive. Derive purpose from resilience. Learn to sail the raging sea.
28) Don’t live life with regrets and make every minute count because everything happens for a reason.
29) You have to be bold and get rid of the thoughts that are holding you back.
30) Going to the mountains is like going home.
31) When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.
32) Happiness depends upon your outlook on life.
33) There are always going to be things you look back on and wish you did differently but those very choices made you exactly who you are today
34) The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow.
35) Never let hate get to the heart.
Thank you for reading. Don’t forget to leave a comment below with your thoughts.
Ongoing Website Construction
Hey all, this is just a temporary blog post to let you know that my website is in the process of going through some changes. If you have caught on, you will realize that there are many links that are missing and some of the pages are empty which looks messy! – but don’t worry about all this, I am on my way to fixing it. Just bear with me. This website will be more easily accessible within due time. In the mean time, you can still navigate and browse through the blog posts that I’ve already shared. Just be patient. Thanks in advance.
50 Powerful Eye Opener Quotes To Remember For Life
If you feel like you need an extra push towards the right direction in your life, read the following quotes and apply them to your own life accordingly. I hope these quotes will be helpful. Enjoy 🙂
1. It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure you that you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.
2. No one is to blame for your future situation but yourself. If you want to be better, then simply be better. Stop complicating things for yourself. Decide what you want and work for it.
3. Self confidence is a super power. Once you start believing in yourself, magic happens.
4. If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.
5. Most of the greatest things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying where there seemed to be no hope at all.
6. Prayer is our powerful contact with the greatest force in the universe.
7. Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching.
8. You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.
9. Whatever you're facing right now, you can get through it! You always have done, always will do. And someday, you will get through it completely that it won't bother you anymore
10. Never settle with the belief that your life won't get better because one day it just might.
11. Never give up... always keep going... even when things seem impossible...
12. Sometimes life can be hard but that doesn't mean you should stop trying your best
13. Don't forget that you play an important role to this world. You are needed and you exist for a great purpose
14. No one said life would be easy, they just promised it would get better.
15. The truth is, you gotta be selfish sometimes. You have to take care of yourself and be there for yourself. Make sure you do the best you can to keep yourself together. That's not selfish, that's actually very important to do. Don't ever forget that
16. The key to happiness is good health
17. Every man is two men; one is awake in the darkness, the other asleep in the light.
18. Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.
19. Self-worth comes from one thing -- thinking that you are worthy.
20. If you would have a faithful servant and one that you like, serve yourself.
21. Creation is a better means of self-expression that possession; it is through creating, not possessing, that life is revealed.
22. That kind of life is most happy which affords us most opportunities of gaining our own esteem.
23. There are few human emotions as warm, comforting, and enveloping as self-pity. And nothing is more corrosive and destructive. There is only one answer; turn away from it and move on.
24. Life can be awkward at times. It is part of the growing process.
25. Sometimes we develop grand concepts of what happiness might look like for us, but if we pay attention, we can see that there are little symbols of happiness in every breath that we take.
26. The greatest success, is successful self acceptance.
27. Always remember that your net worth is not the same thing as your self-worth, and your value is not based on your valuables.
28. Look into your own heart, discover what it is that gives you pain and then refuse, under any circumstance whatsoever, to inflict that pain on anybody else.
29. Never say anything about yourself you do not want to come true.
30. The self is just our operation center, our consciousness, our moral compass. So, if we want to act more effectively in the world, we have to get to know ourselves better.
31. It is the hardest thing in the world to be a good thinker without being a good self examiner.
32. It isnt until you come to a spiritual understanding of who you are not necessarily a religious feeling but deep down the spirit within that that you can begin to take control.
33. But it's not what they think of you that matters, it's what you think of yourself.
34. The act of forgiveness takes place in our own mind. It really has nothing to do with the other person.
35. If you have the ability to open your eyes each morning, then you also have the ability to face that day.
36. We only feel good about ourselves to the exact degree we feel in control of our lives.
37. You are a function of what the whole universe is doing in the same way that a wave is a function of what the whole ocean is doing.
38. We are not of what we feel or believe to do, we are of what we do or fail to do.
39. When you're rotten about yourself, you become rotten to everyone else, even those you love.
40. He who reigns within himself, and rules passions, desires, and fears, is more than a king.
41. Dream your dreams with your eyes closed, but live your dreams with your eyes open.
42. There are two kinds of evil people in this world, people who do evil stuff and people who see evil stuff being done and dont do anything about it.
43. Our eyes are placed in front because it is more important to look ahead than to look back
44. If you stopped believing in yourself, then now is the time to start believing in yourself again.
45. Believe in yourself, believe in all that you are, and all that you will become.
46. To climb steep hills, it requires slow pace at first.
47. We are what we repeatedly do. So, excellence isn't a choice - it's a habit.
48. The best cure for ones bad tendencies is to see them in action in another person.
49. We are more easily persuaded, in general, by the reasons we ourselves discover than by those which are given to us by others.
50. Happiness is the settling of the soul into it's most appropriate spot...
Thank you for reading these quotes! Let me know if you have any favourites in the comments below.
Uncategorized1 year ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 2)
Anxiety Quotes1 year ago
40 Best Anxiety Quotes Images To Help You Stay Calm
Uncategorized1 year ago
150 Top Self Love Quotes To Always Remember (Part 1)
Uncategorized1 year ago
Here’s The Reality Of Self-Love, And Why It’s So Important
Uncategorized1 year ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 11)
Uncategorized1 year ago
200 Inspirational & Valuable Life Quotes That Will Make You Think Deeply
Uncategorized10 months ago
77 Hopeful Quotes That Will Keep You Going (Part 2)
Uncategorized1 year ago
1000 Best Life Quotes (Part 3)