So we are almost approaching 2020. How do you feel about that? Are you nervous? Excited? Uncertain? Well… I think it’s normal to feel mixed emotions about the new year. However, I do believe one important thing we should all feel about going in to the new year, and that’s with a brand new fresh mindset to become a better person. In the graphic below I have put together some things I think I should do more of in 2020 (I want you to benefit from it too, maybe you can do these things too). Underneath the graphic I will further elaborate each point as a new year’s resolution. I hope you find them useful…
Increase my self-worth and self-love: this year for me has been a roller coaster. I have been, and still am, on a journey to discover my self-worth and love myself fully. And I’m just thinking what’s a better way to make the most out of the new year than to invest more time in myself? I want to spend more time on taking care of myself and being the best me I can possibly be.
Improve communication and social skills: I’m not the best at communicating or being around people, so for the new year I would like to get out of my comfort zone and be more open with people. I want to make valuable connections with people that will enrich my life and will bring out the joy and happiness out of me.
Have stronger relationship with family: the connection that I have with my family isn’t the weakest but it’s not the greatest either. I would like to be comfortable around them and trust them more. I want to be able to feel free around them, be myself and not feel judged at the same time.
Manage my emotions, behaviours and thoughts: sometimes I can feel down and out of mood, and consequently, I can become quite distant, emotional and end up keeping myself away from human interaction. I understand that this can be toxic and affect the people around me, so I’m going to think before I act a certain way. Although it’s difficult to control how I am sometimes, I’m going to try my best.
Set boundaries: one thing that I’m definitely going to work on is setting boundaries for my peace and energy. I’m going to be restricting myself from going overboard with certain habits such as social media scrolling for hours and checking up on profiles that have the tendency to make me compare my life to theirs. This will be a good starting point for me to work on gaining a healthier mindset.
Have better time management: I suck at managing my time. Some days I don’t realize until hours have passed and suddenly I haven’t accomplished all the tasks that I have set for that day. So it’s going to be a top requirement for me to prioritize my time and ensure that I don’t waste it, but be productive with it as much as I can.
Understand who I am and how I work: as I mentioned above, I’m on a journey to discover myself. It’s been long enough since I’ve been alive that I’ve felt lost, without feeling an actual sense of purpose or identity. Although I’ve been to school and dropped in and out of college, I have always felt that I didn’t belong there. I will continue to nurture my healing process and hopefully in 2020 I will fully understand who I am, and what my top goals in life are.
Have better self control: it’s safe to say that as humans we will feel temptation to give in to silly habits such as binging on chocolate or not waking up on time. As for myself, I want to master my mindset and have full control of how the outcome of my actions turn out. I want to practice waking up early and consistently every day, something which I am desperate to achieve, because then I can start my tasks for the day while everyone else is sleeping, without getting disturbed.
Be more understanding and open to reality: I am a dreamer, and most of the time I’m stuck in my mind of dreams and wishes. This isn’t a bad thing but I must admit, sometimes I focus on my dreams too much that I seem to avoid reality. In 2020 I’m going to dream bigger, but I’m also going to work harder on getting closer to making everything a reality. I understand that dreams don’t come true just like that, and I must make it happen myself. And I will.
Improve my mindset; remove limiting beliefs and adapt a growth mindset: without a doubt I’m going to step in to the new year with a positive mindset and continuously remind myself that I can achieve what I want. I’m going to leave all the doubts and negative thinking behind and just believe in myself fully, and unconditionally, no matter what.
Increase my self-esteem: I am naturally an insecure person sometimes, so self esteem can be a very big deal for me. I’m going to try and increase my self-esteem by accomplishing a lot of my goals, tasks, securing my financial status and then being able to take care of myself by treating myself in a way that will make me feel my best. I think everyone should do this.
You’ve reached the end of this post now, thank you for reading! 🙂 Don’t forget to leave a comment below with your thoughts and some of your own new year’s resolutions, I can’t wait to read them 🙂
35 Enlightening Quotes For Times Of Struggle
Struggling to find the light in your life? Don’t worry, we have all been there at some point. You can easily find your way back. The 35 quotes below should captivate your mind and help you get through your struggles. Enjoy! 🙂
1) Out of difficulties grow miracles…
2) Your limitation – it’s only your imagination.
3) Never forget to love yourself a little more each day than the day before.
4) Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one.
5) If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.
6) Our biggest asset is time. Yet, we waste it on regrets. Here’s to living a life worth each moment.
7) Our dreams are there to guide us.
8) Love the life you live. Live the life you love.
9) Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.
10) Thinking before acting is wisdom but acting before thinking is regret.
11) No one ever injured their eyesight by looking on the bright side.
12) Life is essentially an endless series of problems. The solution to one problem is merely the creation of the next one. Don’t hope for a life without problems. There’s no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.
13) Feel that things are eventually coming together. Feel it with all your heart and soul. Because they are.
14) Thoughts have unlimited potential to, directly or indirectly, make you feel empowered, uplifted and hopeful.
15) Until you cross the bridge of your insecurities you can’t begin to explore your possibilities.
16) Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all
17) This is your journey so stand up and prepare yourself for it.
18) All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark…
19) The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build live as only you can.
20) The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.
21) You must get in the mindset of seeing your goals being achieved. You have to ‘know’ that whatever it is you’re aiming for, you’re on the way to getting there.
22) The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need tomorrow.
23) The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination.
24) Every storm runs out of rain, just like every dark night turns into day.
25) Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle, so don’t give up.
26) If you have a WHY to live, you can bear almost any “HOW”. A meaningful life can be extremely satisfying even in the midst of hardship whereas a meaningless life is a terrible ordeal no matter how comfortable it is.
27) Life is a storm that will test you unceasingly. Don’t wait for calm waters that may not arrive. Derive purpose from resilience. Learn to sail the raging sea.
28) Don’t live life with regrets and make every minute count because everything happens for a reason.
29) You have to be bold and get rid of the thoughts that are holding you back.
30) Going to the mountains is like going home.
31) When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.
32) Happiness depends upon your outlook on life.
33) There are always going to be things you look back on and wish you did differently but those very choices made you exactly who you are today
34) The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow.
35) Never let hate get to the heart.
Thank you for reading. Don’t forget to leave a comment below with your thoughts.
Ongoing Website Construction
Hey all, this is just a temporary blog post to let you know that my website is in the process of going through some changes. If you have caught on, you will realize that there are many links that are missing and some of the pages are empty which looks messy! – but don’t worry about all this, I am on my way to fixing it. Just bear with me. This website will be more easily accessible within due time. In the mean time, you can still navigate and browse through the blog posts that I’ve already shared. Just be patient. Thanks in advance.
50 Powerful Eye Opener Quotes To Remember For Life
If you feel like you need an extra push towards the right direction in your life, read the following quotes and apply them to your own life accordingly. I hope these quotes will be helpful. Enjoy 🙂
1. It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure you that you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.
2. No one is to blame for your future situation but yourself. If you want to be better, then simply be better. Stop complicating things for yourself. Decide what you want and work for it.
3. Self confidence is a super power. Once you start believing in yourself, magic happens.
4. If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.
5. Most of the greatest things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying where there seemed to be no hope at all.
6. Prayer is our powerful contact with the greatest force in the universe.
7. Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching.
8. You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.
9. Whatever you're facing right now, you can get through it! You always have done, always will do. And someday, you will get through it completely that it won't bother you anymore
10. Never settle with the belief that your life won't get better because one day it just might.
11. Never give up... always keep going... even when things seem impossible...
12. Sometimes life can be hard but that doesn't mean you should stop trying your best
13. Don't forget that you play an important role to this world. You are needed and you exist for a great purpose
14. No one said life would be easy, they just promised it would get better.
15. The truth is, you gotta be selfish sometimes. You have to take care of yourself and be there for yourself. Make sure you do the best you can to keep yourself together. That's not selfish, that's actually very important to do. Don't ever forget that
16. The key to happiness is good health
17. Every man is two men; one is awake in the darkness, the other asleep in the light.
18. Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.
19. Self-worth comes from one thing -- thinking that you are worthy.
20. If you would have a faithful servant and one that you like, serve yourself.
21. Creation is a better means of self-expression that possession; it is through creating, not possessing, that life is revealed.
22. That kind of life is most happy which affords us most opportunities of gaining our own esteem.
23. There are few human emotions as warm, comforting, and enveloping as self-pity. And nothing is more corrosive and destructive. There is only one answer; turn away from it and move on.
24. Life can be awkward at times. It is part of the growing process.
25. Sometimes we develop grand concepts of what happiness might look like for us, but if we pay attention, we can see that there are little symbols of happiness in every breath that we take.
26. The greatest success, is successful self acceptance.
27. Always remember that your net worth is not the same thing as your self-worth, and your value is not based on your valuables.
28. Look into your own heart, discover what it is that gives you pain and then refuse, under any circumstance whatsoever, to inflict that pain on anybody else.
29. Never say anything about yourself you do not want to come true.
30. The self is just our operation center, our consciousness, our moral compass. So, if we want to act more effectively in the world, we have to get to know ourselves better.
31. It is the hardest thing in the world to be a good thinker without being a good self examiner.
32. It isnt until you come to a spiritual understanding of who you are not necessarily a religious feeling but deep down the spirit within that that you can begin to take control.
33. But it's not what they think of you that matters, it's what you think of yourself.
34. The act of forgiveness takes place in our own mind. It really has nothing to do with the other person.
35. If you have the ability to open your eyes each morning, then you also have the ability to face that day.
36. We only feel good about ourselves to the exact degree we feel in control of our lives.
37. You are a function of what the whole universe is doing in the same way that a wave is a function of what the whole ocean is doing.
38. We are not of what we feel or believe to do, we are of what we do or fail to do.
39. When you're rotten about yourself, you become rotten to everyone else, even those you love.
40. He who reigns within himself, and rules passions, desires, and fears, is more than a king.
41. Dream your dreams with your eyes closed, but live your dreams with your eyes open.
42. There are two kinds of evil people in this world, people who do evil stuff and people who see evil stuff being done and dont do anything about it.
43. Our eyes are placed in front because it is more important to look ahead than to look back
44. If you stopped believing in yourself, then now is the time to start believing in yourself again.
45. Believe in yourself, believe in all that you are, and all that you will become.
46. To climb steep hills, it requires slow pace at first.
47. We are what we repeatedly do. So, excellence isn't a choice - it's a habit.
48. The best cure for ones bad tendencies is to see them in action in another person.
49. We are more easily persuaded, in general, by the reasons we ourselves discover than by those which are given to us by others.
50. Happiness is the settling of the soul into it's most appropriate spot...
Thank you for reading these quotes! Let me know if you have any favourites in the comments below.
Uncategorized1 year ago
Winnie The Pooh Quotes
Anxiety Quotes2 years ago
40 Best Anxiety Quotes Images To Help You Stay Calm
Uncategorized2 years ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 2)
Uncategorized2 years ago
150 Top Self Love Quotes To Always Remember (Part 1)
Uncategorized2 years ago
Here’s The Reality Of Self-Love, And Why It’s So Important
Uncategorized1 year ago
50 Cute Motivational Quotes For Girls Especially
Uncategorized2 years ago
200 Best Sunset Quotes With Beautiful Pictures (Part 1)
Uncategorized2 years ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 11)