In this blog post I’m going to discuss 5 points which explain why traveling can be good for your mind and soul. I hope you enjoy reading. 🙂
1. The less stress, the higher mental well-being
The benefits are enjoyed without distinction, regardless of the type of trip you make, either a long trip abroad or a short getaway to a nearby destination. Leaving the routine behind produces a state of relaxation that reduces stress to unsuspected limits. Traveling is the best way to live in the present and worry only about what you are going to live on a specific day. This directly influences mental health, since according to studies conducted by the University of Arizona, people who make a couple of trips a year have less predisposition to be tense, are more satisfied, and enjoy a better quality of life.
2. Your brain thanks you
Until recently, scientists thought that the brain did not follow its development once adulthood was reached. Today it is known that our minds can continue to grow, neurons can create new connections, and even new neurons can be formed thanks to the training and stimulation of our brain. Scientists find the key in facing the brain to novelty, challenge, and variety. Key pieces that are activated when we plan and enjoy a trip. The need to adapt to a new environment and make a mental map of the places visited are activities that generate a strong mental stimulus, even in people who already have a neurological disease. So there is nothing better for your brain than to take a trip.
3. A stronger heart
According to various studies, traveling reduces the risk of myocardial infarction, especially in people over 45 years. On the other hand, when we travel we stay longer in motion, we walk more and develop more social activities, so that the activity of our circulatory system is benefited. Being on vacation in a different destination than usual also breaks the monotony for our organs.
4. Self-esteem through the clouds
Traveling is a challenge for the body and mind when moving to situations that break our usual dynamics. On many occasions traveling makes us leave our comfort zone, live with different customs, new gastronomies and face unknown languages. Face all these situations and move forward, manage to “survive” in a different place boosts our self-esteem as almost nothing else could do, helping to regain that self-confidence that we sometimes lose in the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
5. Time for ourselves
Taking a trip helps us take a distance from our lives and problems. A break can make us find new ways to solve a problem. It helps us to see the difficulties with perspective and relativize the problems that make us worry too much. Learning to value what you have is much easier when you enjoy time to reflect, and this makes us feel better about ourselves.
Traveling makes you happy
Finally, I must add that travel creates illusions, new memories, and links with people of all cultures and races, as well as irreplaceable experiences, since no material good can replace them. From these studies, a definitive conclusion is drawn; traveling makes us happier, in a unique and special way.
50 Powerful Eye Opener Quotes To Remember For Life
If you feel like you need an extra push towards the right direction in your life, read the following quotes and apply them to your own life accordingly. I hope these quotes will be helpful. Enjoy 🙂
1. It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure you that you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.
2. No one is to blame for your future situation but yourself. If you want to be better, then simply be better. Stop complicating things for yourself. Decide what you want and work for it.
3. Self confidence is a super power. Once you start believing in yourself, magic happens.
4. If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.
5. Most of the greatest things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying where there seemed to be no hope at all.
6. Prayer is our powerful contact with the greatest force in the universe.
7. Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching.
8. You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.
9. Whatever you're facing right now, you can get through it! You always have done, always will do. And someday, you will get through it completely that it won't bother you anymore
10. Never settle with the belief that your life won't get better because one day it just might.
11. Never give up... always keep going... even when things seem impossible...
12. Sometimes life can be hard but that doesn't mean you should stop trying your best
13. Don't forget that you play an important role to this world. You are needed and you exist for a great purpose
14. No one said life would be easy, they just promised it would get better.
15. The truth is, you gotta be selfish sometimes. You have to take care of yourself and be there for yourself. Make sure you do the best you can to keep yourself together. That's not selfish, that's actually very important to do. Don't ever forget that
16. The key to happiness is good health
17. Every man is two men; one is awake in the darkness, the other asleep in the light.
18. Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.
19. Self-worth comes from one thing -- thinking that you are worthy.
20. If you would have a faithful servant and one that you like, serve yourself.
21. Creation is a better means of self-expression that possession; it is through creating, not possessing, that life is revealed.
22. That kind of life is most happy which affords us most opportunities of gaining our own esteem.
23. There are few human emotions as warm, comforting, and enveloping as self-pity. And nothing is more corrosive and destructive. There is only one answer; turn away from it and move on.
24. Life can be awkward at times. It is part of the growing process.
25. Sometimes we develop grand concepts of what happiness might look like for us, but if we pay attention, we can see that there are little symbols of happiness in every breath that we take.
26. The greatest success, is successful self acceptance.
27. Always remember that your net worth is not the same thing as your self-worth, and your value is not based on your valuables.
28. Look into your own heart, discover what it is that gives you pain and then refuse, under any circumstance whatsoever, to inflict that pain on anybody else.
29. Never say anything about yourself you do not want to come true.
30. The self is just our operation center, our consciousness, our moral compass. So, if we want to act more effectively in the world, we have to get to know ourselves better.
31. It is the hardest thing in the world to be a good thinker without being a good self examiner.
32. It isnt until you come to a spiritual understanding of who you are not necessarily a religious feeling but deep down the spirit within that that you can begin to take control.
33. But it's not what they think of you that matters, it's what you think of yourself.
34. The act of forgiveness takes place in our own mind. It really has nothing to do with the other person.
35. If you have the ability to open your eyes each morning, then you also have the ability to face that day.
36. We only feel good about ourselves to the exact degree we feel in control of our lives.
37. You are a function of what the whole universe is doing in the same way that a wave is a function of what the whole ocean is doing.
38. We are not of what we feel or believe to do, we are of what we do or fail to do.
39. When you're rotten about yourself, you become rotten to everyone else, even those you love.
40. He who reigns within himself, and rules passions, desires, and fears, is more than a king.
41. Dream your dreams with your eyes closed, but live your dreams with your eyes open.
42. There are two kinds of evil people in this world, people who do evil stuff and people who see evil stuff being done and dont do anything about it.
43. Our eyes are placed in front because it is more important to look ahead than to look back
44. If you stopped believing in yourself, then now is the time to start believing in yourself again.
45. Believe in yourself, believe in all that you are, and all that you will become.
46. To climb steep hills, it requires slow pace at first.
47. We are what we repeatedly do. So, excellence isn't a choice - it's a habit.
48. The best cure for ones bad tendencies is to see them in action in another person.
49. We are more easily persuaded, in general, by the reasons we ourselves discover than by those which are given to us by others.
50. Happiness is the settling of the soul into it's most appropriate spot...
Thank you for reading these quotes! Let me know if you have any favourites in the comments below.
The Cold, Harsh Truth About “Detox” Products That You Never Knew
In the world of beauty, health and fitness business, the word “detox” is far too commonly used. For example, you may get offered skincare products such as a detox face mask that promises to help completely remove your blemishes if you use it in the exact way that it has been described on the packaging/label. But the sad truth is that “detoxing” doesn’t actually work; speaking medically, “detoxing” is nonsense. And simply enough, the only real way to get healthy is by diet and exercise.
In this modern era where social media (such as Instagram) exposes “flawless” fitness models to its audience every single day, it is so easy to get sucked in by the detox industry, especially when you are continuously following profiles that show off beautiful skin. You get blown away by the idea of cleansing away your many years of unhealthy eating habits and believe it to be the medicine to your sugar filled calorie intakes and sleepless nights. But wait… before you decide to take steps to a clinical detox solution, you need to first understand the concept of detoxing on a much deeper level: this whole idea that you can completely purify your entire system of flaws and leave your skin spotless and untouchable by toxins – is a scam. It’s a made up concept and the purpose behind it is to sell you products so that substantial profits are being made. It’s all part of business.
Edzard Ernst from Exeter University describes two types of detox where “one is respectable and the other one isn’t”. He goes on to explain that people with life-threatening illnesses that start from conditions such as drug addictions deserve medical treatment, and this may be regarded as a respectable detox. However, the not so respectable one is simply the word “detox” being hijacked by entrepreneurs who want to sell a bogus treatment that apparently detoxifies all the toxins from your body.
Detox doesn’t make sense because you would most likely be dead if toxins actually built up in a way that your body couldn’t excrete. And, the healthy body has kidneys, a liver, lungs, skin, all of which are detoxifying as we speak. So, there is no actual way – and most definitely not through detox treatments – to make something that works perfectly well in a healthy body work better.
Too many products out there in the market mention “toxins” as the poisonous substances that you take in to your body, even though it’s not certain what those toxins are. A group of UK Scientists in 2009 carried out an experiment where they had made contact with the manufactures of 15 products that were being brought from pharmacies and supermarkets that promised to detoxify. These products ranged from dietary supplements to shampoos and smoothies. What’s weird, is that when evidence was being asked for behind the claims, not even one manufacture was able to define what they meant by detoxification. And yet, shelves are overloaded with products with “detox” stuck on their packaging..
The thing is, nowadays you can buy pretty much detoxifying-anything including supplement tablets, face masks, shower gels, yoga treatments, as well as seven-day detox diets – yes you might lose weight but the only reason why you’ll lose it is because you’ll have went without proper food for a week, and unfortunately that has little to do with toxins. Ernst describes all this as a scandal because “it’s criminal exploitation of the gullible man on the street who would love to have a simple remedy that frees him of his sins, so to speak. It’s nice to think that it could exist but unfortunately it doesn’t.”
So let’s talk about alcoholics. Would a detox from alcohol be a good thing? Of course it would be great to go days without alcohol as part of your lifestyle, and it may even give you the opportunity to think about your drinking habits if you’re drinking above the limit. However, the idea that your liver needs to be “purified” through detox is just ridiculous.
If you think about it, the best lifestyle detox involves not smoking or drinking, avoiding processed foods, doing plenty of exercise and overall just enjoying a balanced diet as much as possible, all of which is healthy for you. Just imagine a diet full of all the right treatment and care that your body needs. Wholegrain cereals, fruits, vegetables, plenty of water, sleep, etc. All of this naturally strengthens your immune system without the need for a so called “detox”. So why do all those detox advertisements make you feel like you need to punish yourself in order to be healthy?
In conclusion, I can tell you that detox will never benefit you in the long-run. Sure, you want results from detox, and you’ll get them – but the effects of all those products and treatments will not last for as long as you live. If I could invent an actual definition for the word “detox”, then it would be “getting to the bottom and root cause of every problem in your life and work towards fixing them naturally to ensure the happiest and healthiest version of yourself”. I’m sorry, but you need to be committed to healing the right way, not through some temporary relief in the name of “detox”.
6 Great Practices To Be Mentally Strong
6 Great Practices To Be Mentally Strong
Every day we must make decisions and, although some have more impact than others, our future depends on them. There are situations in which it is good to listen to our hearts and let it guide us; However, there are others in which it is better not to get carried away easily by the feelings and decide with the brain. Those who do this are called mentally strong.
These people think well before making a decision. They also put into practice some good customs from which we can all learn:
1. Don’t be afraid of the challenges
It is natural to be afraid of the unknown, to fail, not to do a good job, etc. Sometimes we can be too much of a perfectionist, too judgmental of ourselves, or we have a bad habit of setting high expectations and comparing ourselves to others. All these bad thoughts prevent one from daring to accept new challenges and difficulties. Mentally strong people know that, while it is true that failure is probable if they do not take risks, they can never learn or overcome.
2. Accept the changes
The changes are never easy, but they have a great reward in the process and in the result. If a change is hard to bring, pray constantly for God to provide the necessary wisdom and patience.
3. Look for opportunities
Sometimes, opportunities come to us; Sometimes, you have to go looking for them. Mentally strong people know that persistence is the key to success. If a situation does not go as expected, they continue in the search for new possibilities and do not give up until they find them. They know firsthand that if they fail, again and again, it does not mean that they are unsuccessful, but that they have not tried hard enough.
4. Have a positive mind
People who let their emotions guide themselves are predisposed to a situation without having tried. This bad attitude prevents them from seeing the positive side of life and paralyzes their progress. It is important to understand that every circumstance has a positive side and that if one concentrates on it, it is much simpler to have a more affordable and efficient behavior.
5. Know how to handle criticism
Someone once said criticism hurts like a shower of bricks. Receiving such a blow leaves wounds and marks; However, if you know how to take advantage of them, you could build a house with them. Not all criticism is usually true, but at all times, you can learn from it. Instead of taking negative comments as a discouragement, they should be seen as an incentive to improve and get ahead.
6. Learn from mistakes
Many inventors throughout history had to do many trial and error practices. If they had given up on the first attempt, we would never have been able to enjoy the things we have today. Similarly, mentally strong people see their mistakes as one more attempt, but not as the end result. They make their failures guide them to seek excellence in everything.
…So that’s the complete 6 practices of being mentally strong. What did you think of them? Do you agree? Disagree? Leave your comments below, I look forward to reading them 🙂
Uncategorized1 year ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 2)
Uncategorized1 year ago
150 Top Self Love Quotes To Always Remember (Part 1)
Uncategorized12 months ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 11)
Uncategorized1 year ago
Here’s The Reality Of Self-Love, And Why It’s So Important
Anxiety Quotes1 year ago
40 Best Anxiety Quotes Images To Help You Stay Calm
Uncategorized1 year ago
200 Inspirational & Valuable Life Quotes That Will Make You Think Deeply
Uncategorized9 months ago
77 Hopeful Quotes That Will Keep You Going (Part 2)
Uncategorized1 year ago
1000 Best Life Quotes (Part 3)