Let’s define loneliness…
Loneliness is a very common feeling which has been experienced by most people in the world. I’m sure we all must have felt lonely at some point in our lives.
Not all of us, however, will express and let our loneliness be known. We would rather keep it concealed to ourselves. In fact many don’t like to admit that they are lonely. Fortunately, there are ways which people can express their loneliness through various expressions such as songs and poems that relate to their feelings. Such exposure and vulnerability isn’t wrong because we all have different ways to express ourselves. It just depends on the individual.
How people react to loneliness…
Not everyone will react to loneliness in the same way. But typically, the reaction is negative involving other feelings such as anxiety and fear. Sometimes this ends up making people feel like they have no meaning in their life.
The most common reaction to loneliness are:
- emptiness: this is the feeling of isolation and the person may also feel like they have nobody by their side.
- hopelessness: usually this feeling comes about when the person feels lonely regardless of the many companions they are surrounded by.
The good news is that some people will react positively where they choose to change and find creative ways to tackle loneliness – but that’s only if they can get to the root cause of it. When someone can admit that they are going through this phase in their life, they are likely to embrace solitude, and by doing so they may feel like they are about to be reborn through reaffirming their identity. This means that being in a state of loneliness, someone is likely to find ways to make something good happen out of it, e.g. creation of self-expression in the form of art may allow for purposeful and satisfying participation in life.
If you feel like you’re not as positive as you should be when it comes to fighting loneliness, maybe some strategies might help you.
Strategies for overcoming loneliness…
Here are some proven strategies which have helped many people deal with their loneliness. If others have benefitted from these strategies, then you can too:
- Accept that you are lonely: it’s not a shameful thing to feel this way. It’s common. Plus it is necessary that you feel comfortable being alone. In the time that you spend being alone, it will allow you to reflect on yourself and this will also help you discover more about you are as an individual. You will understand yourself better.
- Get yourself a journal: a personal journal should help you keep a track/record of your experiences whenever you feel lonely. The main idea behind owning a journal is to spot recurring patterns or trends of loneliness. This will help you get to know yourself more.
- Positive self-talk: the feeling of being without another person or just people in general will also create feelings of worthlessness. By speaking positively about yourself you will eventually know your true worth. The whole point of positive self-talk is to remove all the negative ones.
- Start working on a new you: maybe loneliness is a sign given to you by the universe so that you can go through a ‘rebirth’ stage before you can feel happy again. It might be guiding you through this phase in your life so that you may discover a new beginning. Maybe you should consider a new interest or hobby that will enable you to develop a stronger sense of yourself. All of this will lead you to stay busy, giving you feelings of success and adds to your self-worth.
- Try to interact and be sociable with others: often, loneliness is present with the feeling that you have nothing good enough to offer or get from others. Typically, lonely people with a poor understanding of themselves don’t accept positive things that are said to them. Therefore, if someone, for example, gives you a compliment, listen to it and accept it. You are worthy of compliments.
- Have more conversations: lonely people tend to not have very good conversational skills. This prevents them from meeting new people and making friends. To avoid this from happening, you should work on communicating with your family members first. If that’s uncomfortable, try people in your class. Your school. College. Work place. Or try to reach out to people with a similar interest as you. See what a simple “hello” can lead you to. Don’t be afraid. Try to talk to people. They won’t bite you. It will improve your ability to communicate more.
- Manage your anxiety: perhaps anxiety plays a big role in stopping people from dealing with loneliness effectively. It makes them anxious and believe they will feel lonely forever. To eliminate symptoms of anxiety, you should take at least 30 minutes of your day doing some kind of activity such as stretching or yoga that will focus on deep breathing and relaxing your muscles. This is a skill which you must learn to master on your own, and with daily practice you will eventually become a professional in managing your anxiety.
If you can follow the above strategies with a positive, disciplined, motivated and dedicated mindset, then you will start to notice a great difference in your life. It won’t happen overnight, but daily changes and improvements no matter how small, will eventually lead to a big positive result. You will feel much happier and complete. And, of course, less lonelier.
6 Ways To A Healthier Immune System
A healthy body…
A lack of caring for your body’s health will easily invite all sorts of diseases, which is why it is so important to ensure that you have a well functioning immune system. When your immune system is working well, your body is able to easily tackle and prevent any disease. In this blog post I will share some tips on how you can strengthen and improve your own immune system.
1) Control your stress levels
One of the main reasons for a weak immune system is too much stress. When you’re stressed out, your mood frequently changes, and sometimes this can lead you to mental illness such as depression, which affects the T and B cell function. If you don’t manage your stress levels, you can end up getting serious illness such as cancer or heart problems. Therefore, it is important to practice different ways to reduce your stress such as deep breathing techniques and meditation – these can have a calming effect on you and make you feel less loaded with baggage.
2) Stop pollution
Okay, you can’t completely stop pollution but you can definitely avoid it. Firstly you should be aware of the 3 different pollutants. One is radiation which arises from electricity cables, TV, mobile and computer screens and microwave appliances. Second one is chemicals which arises from pesticides, herbicides, industrial emissions, smoke and paint. The third one is biological and this arises from dust and mould. All of these pollutants can have a serious impact on your immune system by weakening it. Therefore you can minimize this by staying away from smokers, avoid smoking, regularly clean up your house to stop mould and damp from creeping in, and switch to organic products.
3) Stay away from toxic substances
This includes drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes. All of these are a crucial risk factor for weak immunity and are closely linked with heart disease, liver damage, stroke, and other serious conditions because of their dangerous chemicals. But, simply put, toxic substances do not match well with a healthy immune system and so you need to avoid them as much as you can.
4) Be aware of your medication
When you get symptoms such as a flu, cough, cold or any type of allergic reactions, it is tempting to use medicinal remedies to reduce these symptoms. But little do you know, many drugs weaken the immune system’s function as well as cause damaging effects on it. Therefore, take your medication/treatment with extra caution and care – do not over dose or unnecessarily buy over the counter products without fully understanding them.
5) Be in control of your weight
If your weight gets out of hand then you can develop serious conditions such as obesity. This is closely linked with developing type 2 diabetes and can block different functions of the body, making it easier to be vulnerable to a greatly weakened immune system and cancer risks. Therefore it is important to be in control of your weight by moving more and eating right. Not only will this have a good impact on your body health, but it will also improve your mental health too.
6) Engage in physical activity
It has been conducted by a lot of research that regular physical activity/exercise can improve your immune system functioning and protect against fatal illnesses and diseases such as cancer and heart problems. Therefore, activities such as walking or cycling every day consistently, can optimize your overall health and fight against risks for your immune system.
Your immune system needs it…
With all the 6 above points in mind you cannot go wrong with supporting your own immune system. These things you can develop a habit of doing and gradually minimize any potential harm, because your health matters!
7 Best Steps To Living Your Dream Life
Steps towards change…
Do you ever feel like something is missing from your life? Like no matter how good things are, despite having a roof over your head and a caring family, you just feel that even though you’re content and happy, still you somehow feel a void? If this sounds like you then there is something deep inside you that’s not there, and you need to dig deep to find out what it is – your life’s purpose.
Most people sleep through their entire life not knowing why they exist. They tend to hide it by settling down for temporary pleasures and go down the wrong paths. All this is simply a waste of time because in the long run, what about their inner satisfaction? They won’t get that because they’re too busy keeping themselves ‘distracted’. Plus, why spend years putting up with things that don’t satisfy you or make you truly happy? It’s really stupid.
The good thing, however, is that when you come to realize this, it is never too late to make a change and live the life you were born to live by fulfilling your purpose. Below I will share 7 steps that will help you achieve your purpose.
1) Accept the signs
To know if you’re on the wrong path in your life, be aware of the following signs:
- You find yourself wishing that every day of the week would just quickly hurry up and end. And, in doing this, you never live in the moment. You never truly enjoy your time.
- You spend too much money by shopping too much as you believe this helps you to distract yourself from feeling miserable, and it makes you feel better about your life.
- Social media controls your life. You waste far too long on your phone chatting with your friends and stalking them to see what they’re always up to. And the reality is, they’re probably not even good friends if they keep distracting you like that.
- You feel horrible about yourself when you see other people that are successful. You wish you were like them.
- You wake up feeling tired and waste hours of your day in bed eating or being distracted by technology.
- You play the victim by blaming your life circumstances on your parents, your country, your education, or just anything for simply not living the life you should be living.
- You feel like nothing is under control; you feel like everything is out of hand and you don’t know what to do about it.
Let’s be real now, the majority of people are conditioned to follow the typical traits that have been formed by society. Once you leave school you’re expected to carry on with further education (at college/university) or get your first job, then you’re expected to save up some money, buy your first car or some other valuable possession, get married, buy a house, have children and deal with the stress that comes along with it all – the debts, the bills, tight schedules, the typical life – it’s a heavy responsibility to take, but this is the life of many people.
The real question, however, is that are people genuinely happy with their life? How many people are actually living the life of their dreams? Ask yourself, do you have the guts to go against these traditions and do something different? Yes, it’s a difficult path to take on but all that’s required is a determined soul with great energy and unstoppable passion.
2) Know what you want
Probably one of the most bravest act someone can take is to pursue their dreams regardless of how conditioned they are to the expectations and standards of society. You really need to know what you want, and what’s going to actually give you that inner satisfaction, pleasure, happiness and peace that you need. You don’t have to complete a degree just because your parents have always wanted you to do it. You don’t have to work just because you want to help contribute to your parents’ bills. These things are not your dreams. These are basically you living your life on your parents’ demands and expectations, which is not fair.
Your dreams are yours, and if you don’t go after them in fear of disappointing your parents’ wishes, then prepare to be disappointed with your own life somewhere ahead in to the future. But, don’t be like this. It’s time to be selfish and give yourself the life that you always dreamed of having – the life that you deserve.
3) Believe in your potential
Let go of all your beliefs that limit your chances of going after your dreams. Such beliefs may include:
- “I’m not smart enough”
- “I have a messed up past”
- “I’m not a good person”
- “I don’t deserve anything”
- “I am not talented”
- “Nothing ever goes my way”
- “I feel like sadness is written in my soul”
- “I’m too sick, I can’t do anything”
And many more! But now is the time to let go of those beliefs because you are worth much more than that. Instead, you should be thinking along these lines:
- “I am capable of doing what I love”
- “My future is still spotless, I have a chance”
- “Everything that I have been through will shape me in to the great person that I am destined to become”
- “I deserve what I will work hard for”
- “I have my own unique talents that can make a difference to the world”
- “Things will work out for me as soon as I start taking serious action and stay committed to my goals”
- “Happy days are ahead of me”
- “I can heal and overcome all the obstacles that get in my way”
Believe it or not, but positive thinking makes all the difference in the world. Try it more often.
4) Create a vision
The best way to achieve your dreams quicker is by imagining everything that you want. You can close your eyes and create powerful scenarios in your head which will motivate you. Or you can search up images of the lifestyle (fancy house, car, dream bedroom, etc) that you want and save it to your gallery. This way, whenever you lack motivation you can easily pull out the images and remind yourself why you’re pursuing your dreams.
5) Find out what makes you feel alive
The only way to achieve your dreams and fulfil your purpose is by doing what you’re naturally drawn to. This may also mean that you have to let go of all the things that are weighing you down and blocking you from investing in your dreams.
Think about your interests and hobbies. Perhaps you’re in to books, quotes and fashion because they express who you are as a person. Now think about how you can base your ideal career around your interests and make a living out of it. Maybe you’d like to become a blogger for writing and sharing fashion posts. Or you’d like to write your own book and publish it to the world. Whatever it is that you want to do, as long as it excites you and makes you look forward to waking up every day, then that is the only thing that matters.
6) Shift your perspective
This is a very important step. There is this one quote by Buddha which goes like this: “we are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves”. And it’s true. It has even been proved by Science that your reality is based on the daily thoughts and feelings that you create. This means that you are 100% responsible for all the outcomes in your life. By simply choosing to think positively about your dreams, you will force the universe to open up ways for you to get closer to achieving them.
7) Make it happen
Finally, this is the most important step. The way to make your dreams happen is by taking consistent action. You have to wake up every morning with your purpose in mind and use your entire day to be productive towards your goals. You have got to wake up with determination if you want to go to sleep with satisfaction every day of your life. And the only way to make that happen, is by living a life full of purpose, regardless of the failures and setbacks that may come along.
You can defeat it all and win big. You have it in you to do so anyway. Always remember that!
4 Profound Ways To Improve Your Self-Esteem
Many people around the world suffer from low self-esteem issues. Perhaps you do too. Typically, self-esteem sufferers are unhappy with themselves or at least not satisfied with themselves – a part of them makes them feel like they’re not good enough.
In this article I will share 4 ways in which you can improve your self-esteem and feel better about yourself.
1) Think happy, feel happy
Usually, people with low self-esteem believe in upsetting thoughts about themselves, for example someone may call themselves a born loser when their luck with finance is a mess, instead of actually trying their best to find solutions or apply for jobs. But that’s their negative thinking which makes them feel this way. This also somehow makes them feel small and inferior, as if something is wrong with them.
It’s these thoughts that make them feel so hopeless about these types of situations. However, if their thinking was something along the lines of “may be I need to work on my personal/communication skills to improve my chances of securing a job” then they would feel motivated and strive to work harder. The point is, you have power over the way you feel. Just by shifting your negative thinking to positive thinking, it really does make a world of a difference.
2) Undo your bad moods
Assume that you attended a job interview, you failed and came back home to break the news in front of your parents, and told them what happened. Assume that they are disappointed and criticize you by calling you a failure and complaining about how you keep failing at job interviews, and then this automatically puts you in the worst of moods and even knocks down your self-esteem. You might feel angry, fed up, worthless and frustrated. The way to deal with this bad mood is to accept that the job was not right for you, and your parents have nothing to do with it as they are not the ones who attended the interview.
You may believe in criticism but when the negative thoughts start to kick in, just assume that they are illogical and distract your mind with something positive instead – such as “once I succeed, I will prove my parents wrong and they will regret putting me down so much”. See how that will make you feel so much more empowered. The main point here is to be aware that your mood is temporary and it does not finalize the outcome – only you can finalize it because you have the power to do that, not your mood.
3) Defeat the underlying issues
Whenever you feel like your self-esteem levels have dropped, always ask yourself what is the root cause of this problem in the first place. What leads you to feeling this way? Maybe criticism upsets you, other people’s disapproval makes you feel worthless, loneliness makes you feel unhappy or maybe you don’t know how to make yourself feel loved. Whatever the issue is, work on it step by step and know that there is a way out of it. It all just begins with you. Love yourself first.
4) Observe and repeat
Be aware of the moments/days when you feel great about yourself. You might have done something nice that day that made such a positive impact on your mood. Maybe you slept earlier and woke up early, put on a face mask and had a healthy breakfast which made you feel refreshed and confident about yourself. Make a note of all these little accomplishments and practice them daily.
But… at the end of all these 4 points, remember that it depends on your level of determination and willingness to fight for your self-esteem to go back up again. You just have to be cautious about the triggers and act upon them positively and consistently to overcome them successfully. And never forget that your self-esteem is under your control, not outside events or people. Only you can heal yourself out of it.
Uncategorized1 year ago
Winnie The Pooh Quotes
Anxiety Quotes2 years ago
40 Best Anxiety Quotes Images To Help You Stay Calm
Uncategorized2 years ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 2)
Uncategorized2 years ago
150 Top Self Love Quotes To Always Remember (Part 1)
Uncategorized2 years ago
Here’s The Reality Of Self-Love, And Why It’s So Important
Uncategorized1 year ago
50 Cute Motivational Quotes For Girls Especially
Uncategorized2 years ago
200 Best Sunset Quotes With Beautiful Pictures (Part 1)
Uncategorized2 years ago
1200 Motivational Quotes (Part 11)